Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What to do with hair while in hospital?

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Re: What to do with hair while in hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    Hospital and my DR already told me I'd be in a minimum of two days- probably three, and if I have a C-section, they'll keep me there 6 days! Different rules/guidelines here I guess? They also told me I'd be mostly in bed during the time, so that I heal properly...
    I'm actually pretty surprised by that, especially by the healing faster staying in bed part, but of course your doctor knows your health better than I do. If you do have a normal birth, you won't want to stay in bed all the time, so I hope they give you a chance to walk around if you want to. It really does help. I didn't want to walk at first after my c-section, but they made me and it really helped my recovery--I could walk a mile a week later. After I had my second son VBAC, I was in terrible shape and physically unable to walk much (plus I had a catheter) and my recovery was much longer than with surgery. Anyway, even if in bed you won't have to be lying down and will be more comfortable sitting up, so you can use sticks then or a pretty hair bonnet. For labor, use something soft to make a high bun or topknot (scrunchie or whatever). That way, it'll be up out of the way and with luck won't get too terribly messed up.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    I'm actually pretty surprised by that, especially by the healing faster staying in bed part, but of course your doctor knows your health better than I do. If you do have a normal birth, you won't want to stay in bed all the time, so I hope they give you a chance to walk around if you want to. It really does help. I didn't want to walk at first after my c-section, but they made me and it really helped my recovery--I could walk a mile a week later. After I had my second son VBAC, I was in terrible shape and physically unable to walk much (plus I had a catheter) and my recovery was much longer than with surgery. Anyway, even if in bed you won't have to be lying down and will be more comfortable sitting up, so you can use sticks then or a pretty hair bonnet. For labor, use something soft to make a high bun or topknot (scrunchie or whatever). That way, it'll be up out of the way and with luck won't get too terribly messed up.
    It's actually hospital procedure around here as well- doesn't have much to do the health of the patient- same goes for everyone usually.

And thank you to everyone for the congrats!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    bsl/46''/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Could you do hair taping? It would keep in your layers, it would be very comfortable while in bed, and you don't have to worry about redoing it for a few days. By the way congrats on the little one!
    Lady Alastriona, Winged Beauty in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!