Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with hair while in hospital?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Question What to do with hair while in hospital?

I've read other threads about people who have went to the hospital- and their hair become horrible.

At the end of May/early June I will be in the hospital for several days- giving birth, and then probably recovering for two days (hopefully not more).

I can't braid my hair, and it will probably come out while in the hospital... It has layers, and my mom has already tried to braid it- and she's very good at it (she used to be a long hair), it's just my hair- won't stay.

I know how to use hairsticks, and forks- but am wondering how these will feel if I'm in bed the entire time, and lying on a pillow- probably not that great... I have tons of different sticks, and will be getting a Grah-Toe fork soon...

Any tips from anyone who has given birth in the hospital? What did you do with your hair? I'm looking at Ficcares... but am wondering how they would hold up with my thick hair, what kind of buns I can make with them, and if they'd feel ok while I'm lying down...

Just for reference- when I lie down now, I always take my hair sticks/forks out. I sleep with my hair down as well.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: What to do with hair while in hospital?

Once you give birth you will be sitting up more, not always laying down. Maybe a few of your comfortable hairs sticks or forks for the day, and bring your satin pillow case with you. Then when you do lay down with your hair out it will be better protected.
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieRose View Post
    Once you give birth you will be sitting up more, not always laying down. Maybe a few of your comfortable hairs sticks or forks for the day, and bring your satin pillow case with you. Then when you do lay down with your hair out it will be better protected.
    I didn't even think to bring my pillowcase! Good idea!
    What about while giving birth? Think the sticks will do the trick?
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Keep it up in a satin sleeping cap!I do this when my back acts up and I must be bedridden for a week or two.No tangles..

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I think that the sticks will most likely do the trick until you actually give birth. During birth it may get a little crazy. Just bring your tangle teezer and oh maybe oil your hair a little.
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieRose View Post
    I think that the sticks will most likely do the trick until you actually give birth. During birth it may get a little crazy. Just bring your tangle teezer and oh maybe oil your hair a little.
    Yep- definitely bringing those!!!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Keep it up in a satin sleeping cap!I do this when my back acts up and I must be bedridden for a week or two.No tangles..
    They make those???!!!

Last edited by Moonlake; February 27th, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlake View Post
    Satin pillowslip- because it is good for your hair and you will look and feel glamorous when your visitors arrive.

Comb, Tangle-Teezer or favorite brush.

I suspect you will feel your best if you can keep things as much like you do at home on a normal night. Keep it simple.
    You are going to be a mother! Congratulations!
    haha! Thank you!
    And you're right- I should try to do the normal things I would do with my hair

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Woman believe me, your hair will be the least of your worries. I had it up in a bun while I was giving birth. The two days after my hair was either down or up in a bun.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**