Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my scalp hurts to touch when i don't wash my hair

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Question my scalp hurts to touch when i don't wash my hair

well basically, for my whole life my hair has always been sensitive [ at the crown and top ] when i move my hair around if i havn't washed it in a few days. it goes away when i wash my hair. [ i wash every 2nd or 3rd day ] does anyone know why your scalp is sensitive when you haven't washed it? i always thought it was because of the natural oils clogging the follicle.

Default Re: my scalp hurts to touch when i don't wash my hair

I notice that when my hair gets a bit "greasy" and I still don't wash it that this is the time I may have a sore scalp skin.

I've never really known why that is, but I've always associated it with not washing hair in a timely way.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Mine only feels that way if it's been up.. maybe it's the weight of your hair in those areas??
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Banned
    Length
    buzz/buzz/18 in

My scalp is very itchy if I don't wash it every day. I have dandruff and very oily scalp. I use Head & Shoulders shampoo every day and that helps take care of this problem.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I used to get that problem- but it was because of how I was wearing my hair.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I've had this all my life even when I had a pixie! So all my life I wash daily,it's what my scalp needs.

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Be careful with how you are washing your hair. I used to use my fingernails and my scalp was always sore. Once I started using my fingerpads the problem was gone.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I used to have what I called "hair ache", and it happened when I changed my bun from low to high. Now that I do that every day, the hair ache is gone. I wear a low bun in the daytime and a topknot for bed.

I've heard that wetting the hair will take care of this problem, but who wants to do that with long hair in the middle of winter?

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Yes, I get that sometimes when my hair gets greasy. I fix it with a S&C. What I found is that certain S&C bothers me and if I wash and my head itches immediately after, not to use that one anymore. A quick clarify with BS then acv rinse helps re-balance the scalp. Then, the next wash, try a different, more gentle and SLS/sulfate free and cone free S&C. If your scalp is sore because of it being dry, rub it with aloe or jojoba oil.

Length
    17 in/19 in/waist
    Type
    1a/F/i

A build up of excessive scalp oils can be inflammatory to the skin. Also, you can get a build-up of yeast on the scalp when you go too long without washing. Both could cause issues with scalp tenderness.