Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thin hair on sides and top of head

Length
    28 in/28 in/N/A
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Thin hair on sides and top of head

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do to style your hair? My hair seems to be much thinner near my temples and the front part of my crown - it's so annoying! I see lots of cute styles that I like, but when I try them myself they look horrible because my hair isn't thick enough around my face. I admittedly don't have a lot of experience doing my hair so I'm hoping that maybe some other people out there have this problem and have found some tricks to dealing with it.

I'm trying scalp massages to encourage new growth, but I realize this is probably just wishful thinking on my behalf. Any solutions out there?

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Thin hair on sides and top of head

I have the same problem. I really have not found a solution for the problem either. I have a thin area on the back right side of my head where the hair wants to part, so when I pull the sides up & put my hair in a half up to hide that thin area so you can't see my scalp, from the front I look peeled back or something on the sides.
    I have tried scalp massages for a very long time - I guess that it helps some. I do know that I have a loose scalp, LOL. Seems like it will move all over. I tried to massage my DH scalp & his seemed so tight. He never massages his scalp.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I've noticed a similar pattern with my hair too. Mostly at my temple area- I'm pretty sure it's a fairly new pattern as I used to wear the front portion of my hair pulled back with a single barrette (my Aunt called this "the rich girl look) and I didn't remember having this issue.

I've found that I've got baby hair in the general area where the problem happens to be and I tend to use my fingers to pull a bit of this hair down to help cover the exposed areas. I've been doing the scalp massages too and the only thing I'm noticing is that I've got a crop of grey/white hairs coming in so I'm not sure if this is good or bad news.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Me tooo! I was born this way.
    My mom has it too. But my hair around the face is also heavily damaged from heat, so I think it will improve little, but I will always have hair like that, I've accepted it.
    Hand made crystal jewelry and art: https://spellofhexu.com/
    SL - SL - SL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HIP?

Account Closed by Member Request

Yup me too. Genetics at least for me. My mom and I have the same hair. I have hardly any hair in the front and the sides, it all comes from the back. When the front hits past my chin, it starts to thin out even more. There isn't much I can do about it unfortunately. However I find that parting it on the side and bunning it is really my best option. I also find using mini clips to sort of "create" volume in the front works as well. Hope that helps!

Banned
    Length
    buzz/buzz/18 in

I'm a guy, so I may have male pattern baldness. I have this problem too I think. I hope I don't go more bald, if I do I won't be able to grow long hair.

Length
    bsl/hips/clss+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My hair has been thinning out in these areas recently. I feel your pain
    No trims in 2012
    No more shedding..No more shedding..

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    22/22/Term
    Type
    1c/F/i

My hair is like this too. I have very little on top and on the sides and my part goes all the way to the back of my head and it is hard to find hair on top to cover it up. No volume on top at all. I have a lot on the bottom and back though. No solution that I have found.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I have the same problem as well! It's quite annoying! I haven't really found a solution as well.. I decided to care less about it and still braid my hair, like in my siggie. When I braid it like that, you can see the wonky hairline better (and when I haven't dyed my hair for a few weeks, the roots are SEE through so I look balding, really!!) but I simply stopped caring about it. I know, that's NOT easy!

Of course I'd rather still have thick full hair all over (my scalp that is ) but it's just the way it is, I'm afraid

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I have that problem and I too was born with it. It helped me when I got my side bang pieces.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com