Thread: CO-Washing- What kind of hair is it best suited for? Does it work for you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: CO-Washing- What kind of hair is it best suited for? Does it work for you?

My hair is fine and slightly wavy. CO washing didn't work for me at all. It made me shed a lot and my hair felt horrible.

Length
    chin/hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: CO-Washing- What kind of hair is it best suited for? Does it work for you?

I have fine, slightly wavy hair and CO works wonders for me (I've been CO for around a year now). It's taken me a while to experiment with different conditioners and techniques, but these were the things that made my hair get properly clean with CO:

- diluting the "washing" conditioner
    - massaging the conditioner in really well, doing the back half of my head so that my hair's flipped to the front
    - rinsing really well.

CO can work for fine hair too - it may just be that it's more trial and error. I hope the above tips help!

ETA: oh, and I wash my hair around every 4 days now, sometimes stretching to 5.
    Last edited by Lippytoes; February 7th, 2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: adding info