Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to do this braid?

Default How to do this braid?

I love this braided hairstyle, does anyone know how to do it?
    I'm sorry if someone has asked before.
    I couldn't seem to find anything on youtube and I can't figure out how to get the braids to incorporate into one braid down the back like that.
    Also what would be the minimum length for this style?
    Thank you

Default Re: How to do this braid?

Looking at the picture I'm not sure if the braid is only connected at the very end

Type
    2b/M/iii

It looks like multiples of a 4 strand braid.

It would seem that you section part of the hair on each side and do one 4 strand braid, then repeat on the other side.
    Bring both braids back to the center of the head, pony tail them together, then divide the hair into sections and do a single 4 strand braid down the middle. Before starting this braid, reserve a small section on each side, so you can create a MINI 4 strand braid (to be used as an accent braid to the center braid).

The remaining hair is sectioned on each side of the middle 4 strand braid, then each section is braided in a 4 strand braid.

Near the bottom of the middle 4 strand braid, it is capped with an elastic and the tassel is left loose.

Lastly, the 2 bottom 4 strand braids are left to flank the middle braid and joined together just below the tassel.

Quite a project for thick hair, at least waist. Gumball would probably be able to do this easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    It looks like multiples of a 4 strand braid.

It would seem that you section part of the hair on each side and do one 4 strand braid, then repeat on the other side.
    Bring both braids back to the center of the head, pony tail them together, then divide the hair into sections and do a single 4 strand braid down the middle. Before starting this braid, reserve a small section on each side, so you can create a MINI 4 strand braid (to be used as an accent braid to the center braid).

The remaining hair is sectioned on each side of the middle 4 strand braid, then each section is braided in a 4 strand braid.

Near the bottom of the middle 4 strand braid, it is capped with an elastic and the tassel is left loose.

Lastly, the 2 bottom 4 strand braids are left to flank the middle braid and joined together just below the tassel.

Quite a project for thick hair, at least waist. Gumball would probably be able to do this easily!
    Definitely one to practice, I've never even attempted a 4 strand braid, I wonder if a 3 strand would be as effective

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

From what I can spot right at this moment:

-Two smaller temple-level four strand braids cross over the back of the head, and frame the center braid.
    -Large four-strand starts from the criss-cross point, and stops at shoulder-level. It's wrapped with a bit of hair to cover the tie.
    -Two small four-strands start around ear-level, and are probably pinned to the center braid.
    -Your arms are now dead from doing five braids.
    Last edited by Sharysa; July 10th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Oh I need to do that one.. just wish my hair would be thicker I can easily braid 4 strand ones nawadays....

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aforestfae View Post
    Definitely one to practice, I've never even attempted a 4 strand braid, I wonder if a 3 strand would be as effective
    I don't see why it wouldn't be eyecatching and effective if done with 3 braids, aforestfae! I mean, golly, how often do you see that style out in the wild? Even with the 3 braid approach! Go for it!

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Is it Khaleesi ?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

5-strand braids, I'm pretty sure.

Length
    ??/33/TERM

Definabley a four strand braid. The weave would look different with five strands.
    Painting the world