Thread: Root Touch Up

Default Root Touch Up

I am about to henna my roots for the first time, in a couple of weeks. I don't have two days off from work in a row until then. From what I have read, there should be no line, just a gentle overlap. Is this right? Will it be just as bright a colour as the first time, until it oxidizes?

I hennaed for the full 8 hours the first time, slept in it. I am assuming I have to do the same with the roots to get the same shade, right?

Also my ends are a bit lighter. Can I do a henna gloss with conditioner on just the ends to darken them a little and how long would you suggest that I leave it on? Will there be a line?

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Root Touch Up

I just did a my roots for the first time yesterday after 5 full head treatments,I was amazed that you can not tell the difference other than the normal orangish glow that you get for the first few days.
    My natural hair color is a med. brown, I left it on for 3 hours and it was left over's (red raj.) from the last full head I did mixed with condish about 60/40 ratio.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good to know! Mine will be mostly left over from the last time, which I froze with a little more to fill it out from a new batch. My ends are a bit lighter, so I'm considering glossing those for a few hours too.

When I henna I mix up my mixture I let it sit for eight hours. Then I apply it to my roots only, wrap my head with a bandana and let it sit for two full hours. I do an all over application every three to four months.