View Poll Results: What type of ends is best for updo's?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • FTE's

36 36.73%
  • Damaged/velcroe

1 1.02%
  • Blunt (U or straight)

38 38.78%
  • V cut

4 4.08%
  • Layers

7 7.14%
  • Other (please explain)

3 3.06%
  • String Cheese ends

9 9.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hair Ends for Updo's

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Hair Ends for Updo's

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Although I voted for fairytale ends (since I have them now), for years my ends were blunt cut.

I never had any trouble tucking in ends as I had a method for dealing with blunt ends that made them easy to tuck.
    Madora, what is your method?

Type
    2b/M/iii

Honestwitness, I'd usually braid 3/4ths of the way down, leave the rest free, but twist it gently and then tuck the twist under the bun. I found this worked better than braiding down to the blunt ends because it gave you a little more flexibility in hiding the ends.

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

I really have no idea, but I have a blunt hemline and it seams to work rather well when it comes to undoes.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I pretty much always have severely tapered ends. So no need to ponder about cutting it into that shape, that's just the way my hair grows. Ya it is easier to tuck in the ends for buns. If I want blunt ends I'd have to cut it back to waist, which would limit my updo choices. In a sense I guess I do keep the fairytale ends for optimal updos. Fairytale ends is not = unhealthy ends, though. Every piece of my hair is smooth to the very end. I never get any splits. I only trim to maintain length.

*When I joined LHC my ultimate goal was to be able to do a figure-8 with a single stick, and I found that I need tailbone length for that. So unless I have a good reason I'm going to maintain tailbone length.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; February 25th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I'm voting layers, but that's because I can't remember not having layers. I've never had trouble with my hair staying. Well, we've had our disagreements, but the bobbypins won at the time. Now the ends just stay... They don't even move if I leave them out on purpose in a messy bun. I'll do a French Twist right now if it's important to me that the ends be hidden, but in buns I don't care. I'll get fresh bobby pins and attack the ends if I really need a bun to look neat, but I rarely do. When my hair is longer, I don't think I'll even need that because it tends to stay where I put it.