Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles for Sleep

Length
    27/42.5/46
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hairstyles for Sleep

Double braids! They stay in all night, they're comfortable to sleep on, and they make pretty waves. If you're worried about damage at the ends, I second the suggestion of scrunchies. They are very kind to hair I've also found that heavily oiling just the ends of my braids before I go to bed cuts down on damage significantly.
    27 28 29(WST) 32 (HIP) 36 (TBL) 37 38 39 40 41 42 (CLSC) 43 44 45 46 47 48 (FTL) 49 50 51 52 53 54 (KNEE)

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have nothing to add other than I read the thread title as....'Hairstyles for Sheep'

My mistake!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    I have nothing to add other than I read the thread title as....'Hairstyles for Sheep'

My mistake!
    Hahaha that would be an AWESOME thread!

Back to SLEEP styles if you like the waves from braids make a braided bun on top of your head and hold with spin pins. You don't need to tie off the braid just tuck the ends under before pinning

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Thank you all for the ideas everyone!
    And, hahahahahaha, hairstyles for sheep! Awesome!

Where I've been having such horrible shedding (doctor today, yay! figure this out!), will wearing the bun at the top of my head pull on the hair? High ponytails do that, don't they? I want to avoid anything that pulls at the hair as much as possible.
    I wore it at the nape of my neck last night, because I fell asleep before anyone else responded, hahaha, it seemed to work quite well though my bun got pretty floppy by morning!

Length
    Chin/Apl/BSL+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I actually wear a du rag for sleep, with a high bun under, works perfectly

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by airmid View Post
    Thank you all for the ideas everyone!
    And, hahahahahaha, hairstyles for sheep! Awesome!

Where I've been having such horrible shedding (doctor today, yay! figure this out!), will wearing the bun at the top of my head pull on the hair? High ponytails do that, don't they? I want to avoid anything that pulls at the hair as much as possible.
    I wore it at the nape of my neck last night, because I fell asleep before anyone else responded, hahaha, it seemed to work quite well though my bun got pretty floppy by morning!
    As long as the braid or braided bun is done more or less loosely, you shouldn't have a problem with pulling. Also, a satin scrunchie as a ponytail holder is much gentler on the hair and doesn't pull at all like regular hair elastics.So even if you do a pony or a braid on top of your head and then sleep with your hair up and above your pillow, you shouldn't worry about it pulling too much hair.
    Hope this makes sense

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post

My mistake!
    Ok that made me crack up completely! Lol Awesome start to my morning actually.

And yes, I highly advocate searching your local stores for a scrunchie or other cloth based hair holder. It will be a lifesaver, or rather hair saver.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Sorry to sidetrack the thread but on the topic of sheep: http://media.threadless.com/product/865/zoom.gif

When I had long hair I used to braid it like a lot of people have suggested, either into two or four english braids depending on how lazy I was feeling! Always looked lovely with braid waves.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I sleep with my hair loose often because I am too tired or just lazy to put it up before sleep. Or else I will braid it, french, regular or a rope braid. I've tried the sock bun as well but I didn't really get the hang of it yet.
    Nice to see others here following Loepsie, she's one of my fav youtubers

Hairstyles for sheep - genius hahahah xD
    Ho ho ho to waist we grow...

Ohmygoodness! I asked my mom if she knew where to get satin pillowcases, and she didn't know. However, she had to go to Wal-Mart, and when she walked in the door, she found satin pillowcases for 3$! So she got me one!! I now have a satin pillowcase, yay! Next stop.... scrunchies!