Thread: Would Like Help Learning This Braid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    28 in/33 in/52+in
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Default Would Like Help Learning This Braid

So I found this video with many different hairstyles, especially some creative french & dutch braids. They all look really magnificent, and I've been practicing some of them on my own. However, the one that I've wanted to learn the most I can't figure out. It looks fairly simple to do once you know how to set it up, but that's the part I can't figure out.

Here's the link to the youtube video and the image I like is at 3:23.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5eXmmR1Kw

Thank you!
    Dreaming is the opposite of brooding. Brooding makes our world small and hair short, but in our dreams we can fly with healthy hair as long as we want. ^_^

Length
    15/22/30

Default Re: Would Like Help Learning This Braid

If it is the image that i think with the two braids that look like three I would start by:

Seperating the hair from ear to ear. (pin this TOP section out of the way)

Then divide the two sections that you have at the back in half vertically. ( like two french plaits)

Tie the left side out of the way. Start a french plait on the right bottom section using smaller sections as possible.

Then start from the top right side of your head at the front only taking sections from the front and do a french braid all the way to the center point. when you reach the middle of your head start taking sections from both sides as you work your way diagonally down from right to left.

I hope this is what you were asking and I havent just commented on something irrelevent. lol

I wouldnt be able to atttempt any style of that sort on myself it would end up very messy. I cant get my hands to the back of my head without my arms aching :-)
    Sept Nov Jan Mar Apr Jun (c)Sept Dec
    15" 16" 17" 18" 19" 20" 21" 22" 23" 24"

Length
    15/22/30

That braid will look absolutley fabulous on your rainbow hair! please post pics, even if you dont master it!
    Sept Nov Jan Mar Apr Jun (c)Sept Dec
    15" 16" 17" 18" 19" 20" 21" 22" 23" 24"

Length
    1/4/~59/Dunno
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I think, the first braid (the one which runs across the head) is done in French lace technique 'til the middle part, then braided French to the end. The second braid, which runs straight down the back of the head, is completely braided in French technique.
    I'll give this a try in a few days.
    Thanks for reading!