Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alittle confused bout clarifying

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Alittle confused bout clarifying

Hey all! So I asked my hair stylists shop over the phone if they had any clarifying treatments and they said they have a clarifying shampoo they can use. Is this enough to clarify hair or do I need to do something else?

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Alittle confused bout clarifying

I think it would be probably be enough to clarify hair, but salon visits can be a little pricey. I personally just clarify my hair with a 99 cent VO5 clarifying shampoo followed by an ACV rinse and then condition. It's pretty effective and also quite cheap.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond.Eyes View Post
    I think it would be probably be enough to clarify hair, but salon visits can be a little pricey. I personally just clarify my hair with a 99 cent VO5 clarifying shampoo followed by an ACV rinse and then condition. It's pretty effective and also quite cheap.
    Oh no, I'm going there anyway to get my eyebrows waxed and (hopefully) my last dye job. I'm trying to get my hair back to my original color as I refuse to cut it and let it grow out virgin.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    Oh no, I'm going there anyway to get my eyebrows waxed and (hopefully) my last dye job. I'm trying to get my hair back to my original color as I refuse to cut it and let it grow out virgin.
    Oh, I get you ! Well if you are already there, then it is a good idea to get it done there. I hope everything goes well for you! I bet it will be awesome.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    AP/BSL/WL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Clarifying can be pretty drying so it may not be the best idea to pair it with a colour treatment. The salon will probably use a sulfate shampoo anyway which should clarify your hair (of course if it doesn't have cones in it). Actually really any sulfate shampoo without cones will clarify your hair and the salon will probably charge you a ton for simply washing your hair with a harsh shampoo.

I would ask what the ingredients are in their clarifying treatment to gage if it is worth the price/won't damage your hair.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ellisbell View Post
    Clarifying can be pretty drying so it may not be the best idea to pair it with a colour treatment. The salon will probably use a sulfate shampoo anyway which should clarify your hair (of course if it doesn't have cones in it). Actually really any sulfate shampoo without cones will clarify your hair and the salon will probably charge you a ton for simply washing your hair with a harsh shampoo.

I would ask what the ingredients are in their clarifying treatment to gage if it is worth the price/won't damage your hair.
    Nah they wash it for free with a color.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Does anyone know if a detox shampoo is the same as a clarifying one? I love Abba products and found this, but I'm not sure it's clarifying.

http://www.abbahaircare.com/products.../detox-shampoo

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

You might be overthinking this

Clarifying, it's really just a good cleaning that removes build-up. That's it. You can clarify at home by adding some baking soda to your regular shampoo, it's that simple. Or you can get a shampoo that has the word "clarifying" on it.

With that being said, if your salon tells you they have a clarifying shampoo, it's safe to say they have a clarifying shampoo. If you suspect that they're not being entirely truthful about it (although I can't imagine a reason why they'd lie about something like that), you can ask to see the bottle.

The product you just linked to, I really think "detox" is their fancy pants, trying-to-squeeze-more-money-out-of-you-by-clever-word-usage way of saying "clarifying. The thingy says it has baking soda in it, that's good enough. I didn't look at the rest of the ingredients, but it looks fine.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    You might be overthinking this

Clarifying, it's really just a good cleaning that removes build-up. That's it. You can clarify at home by adding some baking soda to your regular shampoo, it's that simple. Or you can get a shampoo that has the word "clarifying" on it.

With that being said, if your salon tells you they have a clarifying shampoo, it's safe to say they have a clarifying shampoo. If you suspect that they're not being entirely truthful about it (although I can't imagine a reason why they'd lie about something like that), you can ask to see the bottle.

The product you just linked to, I really think "detox" is their fancy pants, trying-to-squeeze-more-money-out-of-you-by-clever-word-usage way of saying "clarifying. The thingy says it has baking soda in it, that's good enough. I didn't look at the rest of the ingredients, but it looks fine.
    Ya I may be, but as I've never done it before, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I love Abbas stuff and it never does my hair wrong. It's worth the money to me for how gentle it is on my hair. I've never had anything but good results from them.

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Does anyone know if a detox shampoo is the same as a clarifying one? I love Abba products and found this, but I'm not sure it's clarifying.

http://www.abbahaircare.com/products.../detox-shampoo

It contains sls, and parabens. It also has glycerin, baking soda and protein. You would definitely need to add moisture after this one. And its about $17. You can get a cheap shampoo and add baking soda to it for about $1.