Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toner on virgin hair

Length
    18/24/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Toner on virgin hair

Ooh thanks for the tip! I have enough product that I might do the same as you did, try it first by itself and if it doesn't do much I'll have a look for that purple stuff as well

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by PennyLaneDream View Post
    Thanks guys, I've decided to look for a purple shampoo. I wish I could try shimmer lights, I've heard a lot of good things about it but I've never seen it in a store in Canada
    I have seen it at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've used manic panic virgin snow, and I've used other more harsh toners. Personally I HATED it, because it wasn't easy to apply (the foam just doesn't penetrate well), and it's really hard to get even. Their gel was a bit better (the one that doesn't come in a little tub).
    If you can find another method I would go for it, sorry I don't have any more to recommend.

Length
    18/24/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

That would be awesome if they have it at shoppers! thanks for that I'll look next time I'm there

And I have the manic panic in a tub but I didn't know that it was a foam! It looks normal in the tub, does it foam when you try to apply it? I'll probably test it out anyways since I've bought it and all...

Length
    11.5/20/30+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I mix kool aide in with my shampoo and conditioner occasionally when my hair is looking yellow, it's not permanent and is a bit messy, but it's not damaging at all! Might be worth a try for you. ^_^

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

That would be awesome if they have it at shoppers! thanks for that I'll look next time I'm there
    You are very welcome.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

And I have the manic panic in a tub but I didn't know that it was a foam! It looks normal in the tub, does it foam when you try to apply it? I'll probably test it out anyways since I've bought it and all...
    Personally I didn't like the consistency. Since you already have it though you might as well try it out, especially since you're not using it on bleached hair it won't look uneven. If you do ever want to use their gel (or get anything else from them, I used to really love their clip in extensions, but they made them a lot more thin the last time I reordered them) go through their website. A lot of times they give you a little goody like lipstick or nail polish.

Length
    18/24/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spike316 View Post
    I mix kool aide in with my shampoo and conditioner occasionally when my hair is looking yellow, it's not permanent and is a bit messy, but it's not damaging at all! Might be worth a try for you. ^_^
    Interesting! For the long run I'm looking for something to correct the problem (I realize manic panic isn't permanent either) but I've always wanted to experiment with kool aid colouring so it's good to hear that its not damaging!
    And thanks sfgirl for the tip about going through the website, I was afraid of shipping costs so I looked for it elsewhere but in the end I think it would have been a lot more straight forward through the website

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Thanks guys, I've decided to look for a purple shampoo. I wish I could try shimmer lights, I've heard a lot of good things about it but I've never seen it in a store in Canada
    It can be bought from well.ca
    Or it least it used to be. I bought some from them just over a year ago.
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.