Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anywhere View Post
    Cheetahfast, I have no experience with bleaching/dyeing after oopsing, but I would imagine dyeing it darker wouldn't make it freak out?

Bleaching might make it orangey, depending on how much of the henna got removed from your hair. I would guess that the less henna in the hair at the time of bleaching would result in a less neon orange color, and that if a lot of the henna was removed then it might only end up slightly brassy. Again, I haven't done this, but that's what I would suspect.

Also, I noticed the smell of the oops WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY ROOTS AGGGH. It's gone from the length (thank you shampoo that I left in) but since I try to avoid shampoo on my scalp, those hairs didn't give up the smell. I noticed on some website that if you soak your hair in a heavily scented conditioner for a while the sulfur smell should go away, which was why I left my shampoo in. I would suggest leaving in a scented shampoo or conditioner for a while to combat the smell if you haven't already.

I would have tried a honey treatment, but I've nuked my jar of honey so many times (because we've had it for probably 3 years or so and it keeps turning into crystals) that there isn't any peroxide left in it.
    From what I understand, I think darker would be okay too, but alas, I wish to be a blonde again . I'm planning on getting "corrective color" done to get to blonde, so I'll post here or somewhere how it goes! I'm not sure if I should color oops again since last time it didn't pull out anymore (and I don't want to wreak at the hairdresser in a week or so ).
    My henna is only slightly visible, so I'll have to see how the test patch of coloring goes.

I've had a stuffy nose for about a week so I can't smell the color oops!! It's the only upside lol.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    15"/39"/57"
    Type
    3a/M/iii

I would be wary of bleaching after removing henna, at least immediately. I used COops, according to Mairead's directions, and I am very happy with the result, but my hair was very dry (thus, fragile); I would wait to bleach until your hair was ini better condition. The package directions say that porous hair will grab onto colour and it will be darker. By definition, your hair is more porous after this process.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chellis View Post
    I would be wary of bleaching after removing henna, at least immediately. I used COops, according to Mairead's directions, and I am very happy with the result, but my hair was very dry (thus, fragile); I would wait to bleach until your hair was ini better condition. The package directions say that porous hair will grab onto colour and it will be darker. By definition, your hair is more porous after this process.
    My hair isn't dry at all, or fragile. The color oops had no drying affects on my hair, as I stated both times after using it, a simple conditioning made my hair feel normal. I used my last color oops I think over a month ago. The smell lingers in wet hair for weeks, longer for me since I don't wash as often as others do. I think the porosity issue is that if I am going darker I must use a lighter color than I want since the dye will come out darker. I've read people's reviews that went lighter after using color oops (and box dyes) and the issue doesn't exist .

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    pixie/35/long
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    ...I'd been slathering the ends with coconut oil - and they had been getting crispier and crispier!
    I found this too. My hair had been very happy with the coconut oil but after the Color Oops it made my ends crunchy, dry and awful. I switched to using Mineral Oil and they're behaving better than they were before the Oopsing. I think I read in a coconut oil thread that the coconut oil over top of conditioners can make ends crunchy. I was using a lot of conditioner after my Color Oopsing so maybe that was the problem.

Also there is this from Nightshade's Damaged Hair article:

'...oils were making my damaged ends freak out and be crunchy. One theory on this is that oils grab onto the protein in the hair, and really damaged hair just doesn't have much for oils to grab onto.'

I haven't retried coconut oil since the MO is working well for me at the moment. The protein treatments I've been using seem to be doing the trick and it doesn't seem like I'll have to be doing any major cutting after my mushy hair fiasco. I've been having to do maybe twice as much S&Ding as before but I feel like that might be improving now.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spoonshine View Post
    I found this too. My hair had been very happy with the coconut oil but after the Color Oops it made my ends crunchy, dry and awful. I switched to using Mineral Oil and they're behaving better than they were before the Oopsing. I think I read in a coconut oil thread that the coconut oil over top of conditioners can make ends crunchy. I was using a lot of conditioner after my Color Oopsing so maybe that was the problem.

Also there is this from Nightshade's Damaged Hair article:

'...oils were making my damaged ends freak out and be crunchy. One theory on this is that oils grab onto the protein in the hair, and really damaged hair just doesn't have much for oils to grab onto.'

I haven't retried coconut oil since the MO is working well for me at the moment. The protein treatments I've been using seem to be doing the trick and it doesn't seem like I'll have to be doing any major cutting after my mushy hair fiasco. I've been having to do maybe twice as much S&Ding as before but I feel like that might be improving now.
    Wow, SO glad to know that someone else had this problem, and that there's a reason for it! I've been having pretty good results with my EVOO/castor oil mix, don't know if I wanna try another oil on top of it. Maybe I'll try it after my next Oops...

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

My three packages of Color B4 came in the mail yesterday.
    Already did a strand test on a full length strand, and I must say the results are quite promising! I put the color B4 on the lower part of the strand, because I was curious how much of the oldest henna would come out.

I'm taking the plunge next sunday.
    I will post updates afterwards

ETA:
    here are the results of my strand test so far:

first picture in natural light,
    second with flash
    Last edited by vamq; April 6th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vamq View Post
    My three packages of Color B4 came in the mail yesterday.
    Already did a strand test on a full length strand, and I must say the results are quite promising! I put the color B4 on the lower part of the strand, because I was curious how much of the oldest henna would come out.
    [snip]
    How many treatments did you do on that test strand, one, or more? It looks like a ton of henna was removed.

On a side note. THIS SMELL WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY ROOTS ARGGGG.
    Might have to do a super long conditioner soak this weekend or something. I can't stand this smell.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

This was only one test, but I left it on that strand for 4 hours, I think.
    I also used a really strong (sulfate free) shampoo, meant for greasy hair. Maybe that did the trick?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

That's so much removal for just one round of color b4. I still have a henna tinge, and I only glossed with henna, and I did 3 rounds of color oops!

on a side note, I did a SMT overnight with a super smelly conditioner. I never want to smell that conditioner again, it gave me such a headache by the time I woke up.
    But, my roots no longer smell of oops. And I re-washed/conditioned my hair today to make sure the conditioner scent I used last night was out of my hair.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDreamer View Post
    I wonder if removing the henna would bring back some of my waves/curls? Anyone notice reversed texture loosening so to speak?
    I'm also curious about this.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights