Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    Here's my latest comparison shot. Again, I see way more of a difference in front (but I didn't have any "before" shots to compare it to), and the demarcation line is far less noticeable - but still SOOOO much red!

I'm going to give this the full four tries, but I'm thinking I'm not going to get much of a result, due to the saturation of three years' worth of henna. Oh well, at least it's muting the demarcation line.
    The bottom 6 inches or so looks much lighter/less red.

Length
    21/26/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Thank you so very much for sharing!

Awhile back I used Manic Panic to go bright red, after a few months of no fade I decided to strip it. I had henna underneath so I figured that's what would be left. Much to my surprise... it took off almost everything and my hair was nearly dark blonde again. I can't remember how long I had left the Color Oops on for, but I had only used henna once so I didn't have much of a build up.

I did henna again shortly after though, lol. Now wanting it out again... I think I shall try your method!

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Has anyone tried to dye or bleach after using the color oops??

I'm pretty sure I want to go back to blonde . I get the urge way too often.
    I was thinking of doing an ombre so my roots will be my natural color.

I'm just scared it won't work since the henna is still there somewhere, right??

BTW: CrisDee your hair looks like it's blending very well, it'll probably pull more henna out.

Length
    1/26.5/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    Has anyone tried to dye or bleach after using the color oops??

I'm pretty sure I want to go back to blonde . I get the urge way too often.
    I was thinking of doing an ombre so my roots will be my natural color.

I'm just scared it won't work since the henna is still there somewhere, right??

BTW: CrisDee your hair looks like it's blending very well, it'll probably pull more henna out.
    I am also really hoping someone answers this. I am thisclose to getting some corrective color done at aveda, but i don't know how it will go after using the oops.

I would oops again, but hubby can't stand the sulphur smell in bed next to me for 2 weeks again.
    Lady Itimad al Zarqa, The Naiad of Fresh Mountain Streams, in The Order of Long Haired Knights.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I didn't notice too bad of a sulphur smell after the first Oops, but after the second one, it's pretty intense, plus every time I sweat, my entire head smells! I'm hoping the stink isn't cumulative, like each time the stench gets worse! And my hair seems SO much drier and tangle-prone after the second Oops as well - I'm wondering if an ACV rinse would help both the smell and the tangles. Does anyone have any experience with ACV after Oops?

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

When I did this last year I found a honey treatment after helped a lot, im so happy this method has worked for so many as it did for not only the OP but many others.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

OMG, yay!
    3 packages of color B4 are on my way because I have the most awesome friends in the world

Really curious how my hair will turn out, because I have been a hennahead for one and a half year now, and most results here seem from people who have not used henna for such a long time.
    I already have seen the pictures of RocketDog's hair after using Color Oops, but I wonder how much I can compare myself to that because her hair is a lot brighter than mine (my natural haircolor is visible in my avatar), and her henna color was darker than mine is right now.

Anyone else who has tried this after using henna for one year or longer?
    How much of the red came out?

Length
    chin/apl/tailb
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hello!

I just did my first Color B4 treatment and it is still damp from the rinsing.

I have had five henna treatments in my hair, one jamila 2010 with what I think was really high lawsone content because it stained as soon as I had mixed it with just warm water and yoghurt, and four jamila 2011 that had what I think is low lawsone content because it did not stain that much at all. Also the last one I had mixed with 1/3 cassia.

I have tried to wash some out with epsomsalt and with reetha but the change from that is not overwhelming.
    My natural color is somewhere between light to medium brown with golden shine.

Now it is bright orange, and strangely enough it suits me.

I think it is going to darken again, the strand test I did darkened over the night. But that is ok, it was not as dark as before.
    I think I am going to do this again when my hair is back to normal, now it is dry and wierd. I usually do not use shampoo because my hair gets dry and tangely and it feels like I have been using a lot of shampoo right now(well I have)

I had it in for three hours and rinsed for half an hour, then I put the buffer in and rinsed in lukewarm water, then shampoo and then conditioner.
    The smell was not overwhelming, I must say I have smelled worse things in my life. But I saw that there was silicones in the buffer to use when rinsing. I did use it but I used a silicone free shampoo to rinse the buffer out and then I conditioned with a conditioner containing proteins. I figured my hair would need that and it did.

Because I have darker hair than blonde and do not wish to be lighter I skipped the honey treatment.

Sorry I have no pictures, I have no camera at the moment.

Thank you OP for the tip.
    Last edited by Baby; April 17th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    *** chin-shoulder-apl​-bsl-waist-hip-tailbone ***

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Cheetahfast, I have no experience with bleaching/dyeing after oopsing, but I would imagine dyeing it darker wouldn't make it freak out?

Bleaching might make it orangey, depending on how much of the henna got removed from your hair. I would guess that the less henna in the hair at the time of bleaching would result in a less neon orange color, and that if a lot of the henna was removed then it might only end up slightly brassy. Again, I haven't done this, but that's what I would suspect.

Also, I noticed the smell of the oops WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY ROOTS AGGGH. It's gone from the length (thank you shampoo that I left in) but since I try to avoid shampoo on my scalp, those hairs didn't give up the smell. I noticed on some website that if you soak your hair in a heavily scented conditioner for a while the sulfur smell should go away, which was why I left my shampoo in. I would suggest leaving in a scented shampoo or conditioner for a while to combat the smell if you haven't already.

I would have tried a honey treatment, but I've nuked my jar of honey so many times (because we've had it for probably 3 years or so and it keeps turning into crystals) that there isn't any peroxide left in it.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Anywhere, I'm with ya on the nuked honey - if I do a treatment with mine, it'll be strictly for the conditioning benefits, I've killed the peroxide as well.

Interesting factoid I discovered about my hair in this process - my hair HATES coconut oil! Due to the dryness I'd mentioned, I'd been slathering the ends with coconut oil - and they had been getting crispier and crispier! I was really starting to freak out! Then after one (CO) washing, I decided to oil the ends with the OCM mix I use for my face (50/50 olive oil/castor oil, with a few drops each lavender and rosemary EOs) - and the dryness all but disappeared! The ends are still quite dry, and will have to be cut off at some point, but not nearly like they were with the coconut oil. Weird!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.