Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    pixie/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    First update - I did my first application of Color Oops two days ago, finally worked up the nerve. Left it on 3 hours and 45 minutes (fell asleep - oops! ) with a heating pad wrapped loosely around my head (to approximate the heat cap I don't have). Rinsed for 40 total minutes. Shampooed four times, after first five minutes of rinsing, second five, third five and fourth five. Applied Queen Helene cholesterol after 5th five, rinsed another five; applied non-silicone conditioner, rinsed another five; applied conditioner again, rinsed another five. Pic on left is before, on right is just now. I think it's a little less red - after all the henna I have in my hair, I'm pleased that I can even notice any difference after only one application.

Not sure if it's the lighting in the photo, but it DOES look less red. Also, you seem to have more texture in the second photo with a wave standing out. That was a biggie for me when I was using henna. I went from having lots of waves to stick straight, sleek hair. So I wonder if you're getting some texture back, maybe? Your hair definitely looks just as shiny and healthy, so I don't think you need to worry about that. But I understand having trouble giving up the red.
    Last edited by georgia_peach; March 21st, 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added one more sentence with info I left out.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_peach View Post
    Not sure if it's the lighting in the photo, but it DOES look less red. Also, you seem to have more texture in the second photo with a wave standing out. That was a biggie for me when I was using henna. I went from having lots of waves to stick straight, sleek hair. So I wonder if you're getting some texture back, maybe? Your hair definitely looks just as shiny and healthy, so I don't think you need to worry about that. But I understand having trouble giving up the red.
    I was also concerned about the lighting - I wore the same shirt to try to get an "apples to apples" comparison, and the shirt looks a little less orange in the right photo. As far as the texture, I had just taken down a bun to take the photo, so that isn't "apples to apples." IRL, I think it looks a lot less red, and the demarcation line seems a bit less - but my hair in front (i.e., what I see in the mirror) is SO different from the back, and the back had definitely absorbed more henna over the years. I'm gonna try another Oops on my next set of days off and see if it makes any more difference - here's hoping!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Wow, Seeshami! Care to explain why this works or what prompted you to use that method? I'm intrigued.

ETA: OK, you're probably married and honeymooning right now. So I won't expect an answer right away.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

I wonder if removing the henna would bring back some of my waves/curls? Anyone notice reversed texture loosening so to speak?

Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I did a second round of Oops yesterday, using the identical method I described previously, and today my hair is wavier than it's been in years! I also noticed when I was rinsing that my hair seemed frighteningly dry, and I literally had the worst tangles of my life afterward - not sure whether the dryness contributes to the waves, or even whether they'll fall out after the SMT I have planned for later this morning. I plan to take another photo this afternoon after my hair dries post-SMT, as the last before/after photo was one day post-Oops - will post results later today.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    shave/short/waist
    Type
    3b/3c/F/ii

Well after several attempts I'm back to using henna again! My hair re-oxidized after each time so I just finally gave up! However, the colourb4 did remove all traces of indigo as well as some leftover box dye I had in my hair so I guess it wasn't a total bust.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My hair has yet to reoxidize. It still seems quite bright. I'm thinking leaving my shampoo on helped make sure most of the oops was gone, but I'm not sure.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Anywhere View Post
    My hair has yet to reoxidize. It still seems quite bright. I'm thinking leaving my shampoo on helped make sure most of the oops was gone, but I'm not sure.
    I will try leaving the shampoo on during my next round of Oops. I can see a huge difference from the front, but there's still sooooo much red. And to think that my biggest problem when using box dye was that the red wouldn't hold...

Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Here's my latest comparison shot. Again, I see way more of a difference in front (but I didn't have any "before" shots to compare it to), and the demarcation line is far less noticeable - but still SOOOO much red!

I'm going to give this the full four tries, but I'm thinking I'm not going to get much of a result, due to the saturation of three years' worth of henna. Oh well, at least it's muting the demarcation line.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Wow, Seeshami! Care to explain why this works or what prompted you to use that method? I'm intrigued.

ETA: OK, you're probably married and honeymooning right now. So I won't expect an answer right away.
    Well in the airport on the way home soon right now, so this is sorta prompt like.

I was crazy, obsessed and being stupidly ridiculous about wanting my natural color for the wedding (which I don't remember because it got filed in sh*t I am not happy about section of my brain) so it was an act of desperation and insanity. I am pretty sure it worked only because I have been toning down the red with indigo and buxus for ......hmmmm.....3 months ish. And because I put soooooooo much purple in it. Honestly if it hadn't worked I probably would have applied henna all over and manic panic green on top for Brown. I did mention being insane and ridiculous right? Yeah, that was me.