Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maktub View Post
    Good question, I'm also wondering...

I have 2.5 years and something like 10 coatings of full henna /katam on my hair... And it helped so much with the damage I had back then that I'm scared I could discover the damage under there if I get the henna out... lol

Watching this thread ... and patiently growing my henna out for now ...
    Wow, did you do 10 hennas already, I agree with you about the henna helping with the damage, I hennaed my hair last month for first time, it was very very damaged, the first henna helped a lot, I hennaed again 2 days back and my hair looks way better than the first time, I love henna, I love to use it every 3-4 weeks but I don't want to get my hair much darker , it will be nice to find a way to remove the henna a bit and then redo the henna again and again for its conditioning purpose .
    Why are you growing your henna out what you do not like about it?

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sbhonda View Post
    ETA: For anyone who might see this post, but not my first post. This is Natural Instincts chemical dye, no henna.

Okay. My hair looks extremely different depending on the lighting, so I'm including a lot of pictures to try to create a fair comparison. In the first two pictures, which should have been the fairest comparison, it looks like very little difference. In other pictures it looks like a big difference.

In person, I can see the difference, but I'm not sure my friends would. It's still very red, but it's less red and lighter. Like I said, in person, it's probably about a 30% difference.
    I think you are right, I can see around 25-30% difference between the before and after, the after is on the orange side while the before is deeper red, was the red henna?

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011

Length
    17"/26"/36"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

If my hair actually looked like that in real life I would keep it, but it looks like a dark brown with very little red.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirlla View Post
    Wow, did you do 10 hennas already, I agree with you about the henna helping with the damage, I hennaed my hair last month for first time, it was very very damaged, the first henna helped a lot, I hennaed again 2 days back and my hair looks way better than the first time, I love henna, I love to use it every 3-4 weeks but I don't want to get my hair much darker , it will be nice to find a way to remove the henna a bit and then redo the henna again and again for its conditioning purpose .
    Why are you growing your henna out what you do not like about it?
    I had very abused hair (fighting my natural curls for 26 years) when I looked at LHC for the first time.

Then I started to henna, for conditonning reasons because I didn't want to cut all my BSL hair out... I cut to APL and hennaed with henna sooq henna.

I LOVE everything about henna. The smell, the routine, the shine, the fact it covers my grays, the little "curl relaxing" it gives me, etc etc. and how my damaged hair became so much stronger !

BUT

I have very pale skin complexion, grey eyes ... and I realise how cool tones really make me look sooo better than any "orangy" tones / undertone. So it's all pretty much a question of color

My now 2.5 year old new healthy growth is very healthy too, as I never blow-fried-abused it... so I don't mind it (I don't like the grays so much, but oh well..). My natural hair color is simply so much more flattering... If there was any way I could have a "cool-tone henna", I'd keep hennaing for sure... but for now I've been growing it out slowly (for 6-7 months...)
    Last edited by Maktub; January 14th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Maktub, I have the same problem with orange/red and my skin tone. My hair itself looks gorgeous with henna! Especially when it's longer. But I could never ever get it to work with my face...my face always looked clownish to me, whether it was an orangey henna, a medium auburn, a more red-red, etc.

Update on my hair having been dry immediately after Oopsing: I bounced back after one CO. It's one more CO after that now and I'm all smooth again. Yay!

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I just did this. My roots look so light
    (eta: as in, the color oops lightened them)
    Will post pics once it dries enough.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

so it lighten your natural color too ?!? You are sure ?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

so it lighten your natural color too ?!? You are sure ?
    I'm not 100% sure, it is more tame now that it is drying, but i'm pretty sure it is still lighter than it was before. It could be that my water is "hard" and the color oops somehow removed a lot of the junk in my hair.

I took a lot of 'before' pictures in different lighting, so I will do the same with the 'after' pictures (once my hair dries) for the best comparison.

Can't wait to see ! How much henna / coloring did you have in your hair before ?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Can't wait to see ! How much henna / coloring did you have in your hair before ?
    The last 6" or so of my hair was bleached a long time ago. I used Light Mountain Henna in medium brown (so cheap, old hennindigo).

It's faded a lot I would say, but it never stuck strongly to begin with.