Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    Yes I meant the bolded! I knew there weren't any chemicals.
    Thanks for posting the ingredients.
    No problem

Length
    17"/26"/36"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

For those of you who have done this, How many boxes did you need for one application? Did you apply is with a dye brush or out of the bottle?
    Thanks

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by t_ballet26 View Post
    For those of you who have done this, How many boxes did you need for one application? Did you apply is with a dye brush or out of the bottle?
    Thanks
    My hair is only about 21" right now (not as long as in my avatar) and on the thin side. I found I had almost half again a bottle left. I was just leaning over the sink and squirting on more and more to feel I wasn't wasting it. ETA: Oh!! I see we're about the same length and are within the same thickness category. I'm on the thinner side of ii.

OTOH, it's very thin and runny and you'll lose some in applying, so if you have thicker or longer hair, get two, only mix up one and see how you do with that; and if one is enough you can always return the second unopened box unless you plan on re-Oopsing again in the future.

Length
    16SL/27/30WL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I tried color oops yesterday to remove some of my red chemical dye as I'm trying to grow out my natural color and the line between the colors was pretty harsh. I left it on my ends for 5 minutes, then all over my head for an additional 13 minutes. I was really, REALLY scared of making my hair more porous because not long ago I had horrible, bleached hair that was so porous it wouldn't air dry in 36 hours. I probably should have left the color oops on all of my hair for 20 minutes.

I would say I got about 30% color removal. It's lighter, but still quite red. My hair is even softer than it was before, I think because it was like clarifying to the extreme, but it does seem to break a little more easily. By that I mean when I took a loose strand and pulled on it, it seemed to break more easily, but I was pulling pretty hard. My hair isn't just breaking on it's own. It also seemed a little stretchier when wet at first, but I think that has improved. I also noticed more split ends, but they might have been there before and I just wasn't looking as closely as when I was looking for damage after color oops. I don't think my hair was too much more porous because it behaves the same way as before, dries in the same amount of time, and feels the same or slightly softer.

I did buy a second box because I got a deal on 2 boxes at Walgreens, and my hair is only shoulder length, but very thick, so I figured I was better safe than sorry. I only needed one box and I actually had about a fifth of it leftover (and I used some for 2 strand tests).

I might try it again in about a week and leave it on for a full 20-25 minutes since I have another box. Regardless of the results, I will not try again after that.

Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Pics, sbhonda? ^

Length
    16SL/27/30WL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

ETA: For anyone who might see this post, but not my first post. This is Natural Instincts chemical dye, no henna.

Okay. My hair looks extremely different depending on the lighting, so I'm including a lot of pictures to try to create a fair comparison. In the first two pictures, which should have been the fairest comparison, it looks like very little difference. In other pictures it looks like a big difference.

In person, I can see the difference, but I'm not sure my friends would. It's still very red, but it's less red and lighter. Like I said, in person, it's probably about a 30% difference.

Before, After

A few months ago, and a couple weeks ago. But it hadn't really faded at all on its own

After color oops
    Last edited by sbhonda; January 13th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Length
    Ear/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I wish I had known about this a year ago, before I cut my apl hennaed hair to chin-length.
    Reached BSL November 2013!
    Goal: tailbone

Length
    27 in/27 in/34 in

I used only one box for my BSL hair, and I had some left over after I was done. I also have layers so I didn't need to use a whole lot.

Length
    17"/26"/36"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I did my first application of color oops last night, thanks to everyone for posting in this thread. Pictures were taken approximately 7 hours after. The results are amazing already. It seems like it lifted about 1 henna application off. I used about 2/3 of the bottle and wore a warm winter hat for the 3 hours. Maybe I am weird but it didn't smell that bad to me. It smelled like the nail salon in the mall.

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by t_ballet26 View Post
    I did my first application of color oops last night, thanks to everyone for posting in this thread. Pictures were taken approximately 7 hours after. The results are amazing already. It seems like it lifted about 1 henna application off. I used about 2/3 of the bottle and wore a warm winter hat for the 3 hours. Maybe I am weird but it didn't smell that bad to me. It smelled like the nail salon in the mall.
    There is good difference, wow, just one application!, I love both colors on you (before and after), just wondering why are you trying to remove the henna color?, the color is amazing

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011