Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Coconut Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Synnovea View Post
    Great information here. Thanks to all for your replies. I'm armed with my new coconut oil and eager to give it a whirl.
    Try and experiment. Alot of people apply their leave-in Coconut Oil on wet or damp hair, others find Coconut Oil on dry hair works better for them. I usually add a bit more if I know ill be wearing my hair up for the next few days, and it doesn't matter too much if it gets a little too oily. Having said that hair usually soaks Coconut Oil up pretty well. Enjoy and good luck with the holy grail of Hair Oil

Update: As Lissandria said, my ends have been soaking up this oil with glee. I've only been using a pea-sized amount on the ends and I haven't felt greasy or stringy. I'll be applying more tonight since tomorrow is wash day.

Thanks all!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Update: As Lissandria said, my ends have been soaking up this oil with glee. I've only been using a pea-sized amount on the ends and I haven't felt greasy or stringy. I'll be applying more tonight since tomorrow is wash day.

Thanks all!
    I knew you'd love it!! Cheers!

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Thanks all!
    So glad to hear it's working out for you! I don't know what I would do without coconut oil to be honest!
    Last edited by Lissandria; January 6th, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Length
    #1 BC/neck/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

There should be a "THE coconut oil thread" because this stuff is just all over the place, everbody wants in on the action.

I didn't want to make a new thread, but I wanted to put it out there that I just bought my first batch o' coconut oil and I can't wait to see the results. I really am super excited
    - -
    BuzzNapeChinShoulderAPL✿BSL✿MB✿Waist✿TB✿Classic✿

I can't use it if I don't mix it with anything else (for example, other oils), it makes my hair so crunchy I can hardly comb it. It never works for me in its pure form, wet or dry hair...

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I love the smell so much I almost always go overboard on it! But I love it as a a pre bun treatment.

I just started using coconut oil and not sure how to use it, as a leave in treatment I can't wash it off well which is bit annoying. Maybe I will try using it only on ends as you say here.

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I use it mixed with a few other oils (jojoba, avocado, argan) so it maintains liquid form, and then I pour a half dollar amount in my palm, squirt a bunch of conditioner on top, mix it all together in my hands, and then apply to the length of my hair. After I have rubbed it all in well, I rub the length on the top of my hair too, and rinse with warm, then cold water. I follow with ACV spritzed all over my hair, another cold rinse. THere's no excess oil in my hair after this and no tangles on my waist length hair. I use the same oil as my post shower moisturizer, especially for face, but also all over.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I use coconut oil daily, just on my dry ends, before combing in the morning, and before combing at night. I don't rinse it out. And I just use a tiny drop each time, and rub it a little in my hands before applying. It leaves my hair softer, it helps me with frizz, it defines my waves, and it smells lovely

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic