Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a smell-good oil that can be sprayed on hair AND is good for skin?

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Question a smell-good oil that can be sprayed on hair AND is good for skin?

i've recently switched to WO washing, and DH says that i smell. i personally dont find the sebum smell bothersome, but i DO like the idea of mixing a little essential oil with water to use as a mist for my hair. and he does have to sleep with me, so i want to smell good for him!

and i figure while i'm at it i'll try to pick one that's good for skin too.

so, an oil that smalls nice, preferably something flowery, not doesnt have to be, and is good for skin that's acne-prone, normal-to-combination, and has surface reddness?

i'm thinking rose water, but am open to other suggestions!

thanks in advance, and sorry, mods, if i put this in the wrong place! if i did, please re-direct me! thanks!
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: a smell-good oil that can be sprayed on hair AND is good for skin?

If you are looking for a natural oil with scent, I would look into the monoi oil brand. The monoi oil is coconut oil with natural fragrance such as vanilla, jasmine, or gardenia. I've only even tried the vanilla one, and it smelt godly.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Banned
    Length
    Bald/Chin/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I second the monoi oil. It might be a wee expensive, but it smells very luxurious. And I'm pretty sure some of the blends have natural spf, so I'm guessing it's good for skin? I like the jasmine one the best.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm interested in responses to this too, since I get a little sebum smell on day 3, despite not being too oily or too flaky by then. So far I've been mixing a little of my conditioner (Garnier Triple Nutrition) with water and spraying it on my roots, but I'd like to look into exactly what you're asking for.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond.Eyes View Post
    If you are looking for a natural oil with scent, I would look into the monoi oil brand. The monoi oil is coconut oil with natural fragrance such as vanilla, jasmine, or gardenia. I've only even tried the vanilla one, and it smelt godly.
    Mmmm... That sounds heavenly! Argan oil has a nice smell as well. Works on the skin too!

Length
    11.5/20/30+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm no expert here so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're acne prone I don't think monoi oil would be a good idea as monoi oil is basically heat treated coconut oil, right? I don't think that changes the comodogenicy rating which is 4 (out of 5!) for regular extra virgin. Rose oil would be hydrating, so go for it if you need that! But lavender is great for reducing redness, and for it's anti-bacterial properties. The two together would probably be fantastic!

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spike316 View Post
    I'm no expert here so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're acne prone I don't think monoi oil would be a good idea as monoi oil is basically heat treated coconut oil, right? I don't think that changes the comodogenicy rating which is 4 (out of 5!) for regular extra virgin. Rose oil would be hydrating, so go for it if you need that! But lavender is great for reducing redness, and for it's anti-bacterial properties. The two together would probably be fantastic!

Oh yes. Lavender oil and rose oil are excellent for sensitive skin!

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

When I had monoi oil I used it both on my hair and skin. I never noticed any acne while using it, and I know for a fact that the product is for skin. As far as I know coconut oil is very anti-bacterial and non-comedogenic. I know a lot of people who got rid of their acne with coconut oil; including my sister. I guess you could have some issues if you are allegic to coconut oil?
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Are you looking for a carrier oil in addition to an essential oil?
    If you're just looking for the fragrance to add to your water, I would suggest popping over to a health food store and perusing their essential oils. You can always make your own blends, and it would be fairly cost effective. Then you would be absolutely sure on which scent you like.
    I do suggest talking to the employees to see if it will cause any allergies, and I would do a skin test, not only for possible allergies, but sometimes oils react with your body's natural oils and can smell different than it does in the bottle.
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Banned
    Length
    Bald/Chin/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spike316 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that monoi is not heat-treated. I think it has to be pure to even be considered monoi oil. And it is full of vitamins that are quite healthy for your skin (e, a, c). So I think diamond.eyes is right. I know a lot of Indian ladies who use it on their skin, and they look amazing.