Thread: Best alcohol/paraben free leave-in conditioners?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Best alcohol/paraben free leave-in conditioners?

So I realized that since I live in a dry climate (yeah, it's dry year-round folks!), I should stop the use of aloe vera gel in my hair unless it is during the use of an SMT. Through this article, http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlre...-the-dew-point, I have discovered that leave-in conditioners will be my best bet.

So my question is, what are the best leave in conditioners? I mean I need a rich, natural, alcohol-free, paraben-free, and possibly humectant or silicone free leave-in conditioner. I have been considering NightBlooming Panacea, but I don't know if it will be rich enough for my climate? Also, it has alcohol in it, which concerns me.

So I am currently on the hunt! I do damp-oil my hair with olive oil, and I use jojoba oil in my dry hair, but it isn't enough.

Help will be much appreciated!

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Best alcohol/paraben free leave-in conditioners?

I was going to suggest Panacea, but I didn't know about the alcohol.

Ida at Chagrin Valley makes wonderful whipped pure cocoa and shea butters. You can get unscented or have essential oils put in.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    I was going to suggest Panacea, but I didn't know about the alcohol.

Ida at Chagrin Valley makes wonderful whipped pure cocoa and shea butters. You can get unscented or have essential oils put in.
    Oh that sounds like a good idea.

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I use a direct moisture (leave-in) conditioner by Giovanni. I only use about the size of a dime on my damp hair after CWC every 2-3 days. It is wonderful! Light, non-greasy, no cones, sulfates, parabens, etc. I found it at a local food co-op, but I believe they sell it at stores like Whole Foods and New Seasons. I have also found it on Amazon, believe it or not. I love this leave-in conditioner and may have found a product I will continue to use until they stop making it. I love to change up products, but this works so well that I'm going make it a permanent fixture in my hair-care.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Oh, I also use 2-3 drops (sometimes 4) of 100% pure Argan oil as well. That combo has done wonders for my hair. Much less frizz (almost none!) and SO soft.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    shldr/waist/tlbn
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by patienceneeded View Post
    I use a direct moisture (leave-in) conditioner by Giovanni. I only use about the size of a dime on my damp hair after CWC every 2-3 days. It is wonderful! Light, non-greasy, no cones, sulfates, parabens, etc. I found it at a local food co-op, but I believe they sell it at stores like Whole Foods and New Seasons. I have also found it on Amazon, believe it or not. I love this leave-in conditioner and may have found a product I will continue to use until they stop making it. I love to change up products, but this works so well that I'm going make it a permanent fixture in my hair-care.
    I have a leave-in that I like pretty well, but it has alcohol
    I keep hearing good things about Giovanni so maybe I'll give this a shot instead. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where do you buy your argan oil? I've had trouble finding it.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm not sure if it has alcohol, I don't think so, but it's paraben and sulfate free

Loreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave-In

has worked WONDERS for my dry hair.
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GoldberryHair View Post
    I'm not sure if it has alcohol, I don't think so, but it's paraben and sulfate free

Loreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave-In

has worked WONDERS for my dry hair.
    I'll have to check it out, thanks!

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I use toadstool soaps handmade leave in conditioner. I use it twice a week on my ends and it works wonders. She is on etsy and hand makes all her hair products. There's also a thread under the conventional products part of this site about her. Good luck in your search!

Length
    3/26/45
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I use Garnier Triple Nutrition. I use somewhere between a pea and dime size amount on soaking wet hair. Then I scrunch and squeeze out the extra water and condish, then wrap with a turbie for a while. Works great!
    Grow, grow grow........