Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to Trim?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Time to Trim?

Quote Originally Posted by Eboshi View Post
    What is your goal length and how fast do you wish to reach it?

I've reached my goal length and found that S&D is more than adequate to help me maintain it. Trims are a once or twice a year occurrence and only for the purpose of evening up the hemline. I use this as a rule of thumb: if the hair continues to have tangles despite several S&D sessions and moisturizing treatments then it's time for a trim.
    this! this is my new rules too
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

It depends on your hair. I have heavily coloured hair between APL and BSL, and I don't think I can just leave it be for a year because breakage would make my hemline uneven. However, if you have healthy, virgin hair, you can probably put it up and forget about it for up to 2 years!

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Eboshi View Post
    What is your goal length and how fast do you wish to reach it?

I've reached my goal length and found that S&D is more than adequate to help me maintain it. Trims are a once or twice a year occurrence and only for the purpose of evening up the hemline. I use this as a rule of thumb: if the hair continues to have tangles despite several S&D sessions and moisturizing treatments then it's time for a trim.
    I'd say this is the perfect answer.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thank you everyone. My hemline looks okay I think and there doesn't seem to be damage when I run my fingers down the length. So I think I will leave it alone. I don't use anything harsh, CO, no heat, and Manic Panic for color. It feels pretty good. (well usually ... It's readjusting right now after being in Europe - I had to go to a CWC cause the water was different or something)

Thanks so much for the advice. Glad I didn't cut it.
    Last edited by Vanille_; December 30th, 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    SL/TB/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I haven't cut my hair for about 2 years (I'm honestly not sure when my last cut was but it was over a year ago) and still don't see the need to trim. I actually far prefer the uneven hemline I get when I don't cut/trim my hair as a blunt cut just seems to make it look even more boofy.

I don't have fairytailing at the ends, or any splits etc, despite using a straight iron every now and again and having blonde highlilghts.