Thread: help with CSC washing?

Length
    22/26/29 +
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default help with CSC washing?

just wondering if somebody could tell me the basics, like do i have to shampoo twice, do i just shampoo my scalp? do i have to use the same brand of conditioner as shampoo. And just other general things really

thank you

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: help with CSC washing?

Do you mean CWC?

What I do is...put conditioner on my lengths...and then shampoo my scalp..wash it out, and apply conditioner on lengths again, and wash off in 5-10 minutes.

At the moment, because it's winter, I use oily conditioner for first conditioning, then a shampoo bar or whatever shampoo I want at the moment, and end with conitioner with cones.
    But any combination you prefer will do!
    There's definitely results. My hair never feels dry lately
    LadyArasinya, Protector of the Forest Heart Stag in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    22/26/29 +
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MonaLisa View Post
    Do you mean CWC?

What I do is...put conditioner on my lengths...and then shampoo my scalp..wash it out, and apply conditioner on lengths again, and wash off in 5-10 minutes.

At the moment, because it's winter, I use oily conditioner for first conditioning, then a shampoo bar or whatever shampoo I want at the moment, and end with conitioner with cones.
    But any combination you prefer will do!
    There's definitely results. My hair never feels dry lately
    yes i mean CWC, i've heard it referred to as CSC (condition, shampoo, condition too) so i'm not sure what is the correct way xD

what about when i'm doing a deep conditioning treatment do i still condition after my shampoo? and also should i just skip to one shampoo instead of two? will this still get my hair clean?

i'm also not very familiar with shampoo bars, whats the main difference between them and normal shampoo?

(sorry for all the questions )

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Don't be sorry!

What do you mean 2 shampoos?
    Oh....if you mean applying shampoo twice in a row...
    I think it's not needed! I've read somewhere that it's a myth really, that this way you get your hair cleaner. Shampoo once is enough, in my opinion + shampoos are drying.

And yes, I'd suggest always applying conditioner after shampoo. Even after deep treatment!
    I actually think of deep treatments, as a kind of CWC

Shampoo bars - I think they are milder than regular shampoos?
    Maybe someone else can answer this, I've only started..
    But i find it very cool..Lush shampoo bars smell yumm, got great ingredients...and apllying it is fun!
    LadyArasinya, Protector of the Forest Heart Stag in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    22/26/29 +
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Don't be sorry!

What do you mean 2 shampoos?
    Oh....if you mean applying shampoo twice in a row...
    I think it's not needed! I've read somewhere that it's a myth really, that this way you get your hair cleaner. Shampoo once is enough, in my opinion + shampoos are drying.

And yes, I'd suggest always applying conditioner after shampoo. Even after deep treatment!
    I actually think of deep treatments, as a kind of CWC

Shampoo bars - I think they are milder than regular shampoos?
    Maybe someone else can answer this, I've only started..
    But i find it very cool..Lush shampoo bars smell yumm, got great ingredients...and apllying it is fun!

ahh i see ok. I mean if they've got all natural ingredients they must be better for your hair.

what conditioner do you use?

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

At the moment it's Garnier Fructis Oil Repair,
    and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Length
    22/26/29 +
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

At the moment it's Garnier Fructis Oil Repair,
    and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    ok cool
    i quite like schwarzkopfts supersoft shampoo's and conditioners, they smell lovely!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Hehe, Hollyfire here, so sorry gothicchick, i'm the one that got the washing type name wrong, i see it is CWC not CSC, told you i wasnt quite sure of what it was exactly callled, lol oh well at least someone understood my wonky typing...may i ask, since this thread is about CWC, what are the benifits of it? WHo would benifit most from it, What type of hair?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    22/26/29 +
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Hehe, Hollyfire here, so sorry gothicchick, i'm the one that got the washing type name wrong, i see it is CWC not CSC, told you i wasnt quite sure of what it was exactly callled, lol oh well at least someone understood my wonky typing...may i ask, since this thread is about CWC, what are the benifits of it? WHo would benifit most from it, What type of hair?
    haha thats ok :P at least people knew what we meant xD
    and yes i'm imterested to know that too, i tried it last night when i washed my hair and is does feel softer i must admit, so it must be right for dry/coloured hair