Thread: Bought some Rajasthani and confused

Default Bought some Rajasthani and confused

Any Rajasthani users out there?

So today I was at a local Indian grocery store looking for a henna that can give me a rich wine colour. All the ones they had were for black hair, so I asked a lady to direct me to another place, she spoke to her friend and nicely walked me up the street to a Sari store where I found Rajasthani henna for 5 bucks.

All the packages said "dark brown" in red writing on the sides. I'm wondering if that means the henna colour on your skin, or does it mean it turns dark brown on your hair?

I looked online and they all seem to have the same writing on the side "dark brown", so what I am wondering, will this still give me my desired wine red that it gives everyone else?

here is a picture of the package

Any advice would be of much help thank you

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Bought some Rajasthani and confused

I would suggest you do a strand test first. Mix up a little bit, and put it on some hair collected from a hairbrush or comb, and let it sit as long as you would leave it on your head, then rinse. Let it oxidize a few days to give you a good idea of the exact color you would get.
    Lady Ravenna of Triple Moon and Neon Lights
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Currently at Waist Length, Aiming for Classic

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Henna color changes on everybody, since henna binds on your original hair. So I recommend to do strand test on your shed hairs, or a small piece of your hair.

I did not use this brand, I buy open (not packaged) henna with grams. I get very dark color in room, and red highlights under sunlight, because I have dark hair. But I wish I got wine color too

My hair is a very light mousy reddish brown, I have been using red chemical dyes for many years and I'm sick of having to put my tresses through all the stress chems do to it. So far the best permanent and natural options I have seen are henna.

the problem with the strand test is that my hair is darker on my brush than it is on the roots. when I will eventually do my hair I am only going to do my roots since they are lighter, the henna should darken it some, I just am worried of it turning brunette.

rather than just lemon I think I'm going to add chamomile tea, paprika, and turmeric to give it a fiery lift.

we shall see!! I will post pics

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Even with your lighter root issue, at least a strand test would tell you if it's brown or red?
    Lady Ravenna of Triple Moon and Neon Lights
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Currently at Waist Length, Aiming for Classic

Length
    awl/tb/cl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

can't wait to see or hear your results! Long time experimenter w/drugstore dyes;all lines;all shades. But experimented before henna became as popular as it is now. Don't know where to start:& timid w/silver roots:salon dyed medium ash blonde. Your adding ingredients,confidence;awesome! Wish salons did henna! Id be there in a heartbeat!

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've tried paprika, and worked in terms of color. But spicey one burns your scalp