Thread: Has anyone used this Dove product? Opinions?

Default Has anyone used this Dove product? Opinions?

So I saw this hair mask product in Walgreens today and I was wondering if anyone has used it and what they think. I need a deep moisture treatment and I think this has protein? Opinions appreciated. Thanks

Am I allowed to link to the product ? If so....http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/dov...055396-product

Ingredients for Dove Damage therapy Intensive repair deep repairing mask:

Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Behentrimonium Chloride , Lactic Acid , Glycerin , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Mineral Oil , Trehalose , DMDM Hydantoin , Petrolatum , Amodimethicone , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Chloride , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , PEG-180M , Gluconolactone , Adipic Acid , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985)

Length
    SL/APL/HL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Re: Has anyone used this Dove product? Opinions?

it has hydrolyzed wheat protein and hydrolyzed keratin, so yes it does have some protein in it... i haven't used the hair mask, but i have used the daily treatment conditioner of that line, it was really good, but if you use it everyday it can cause buildup (like everything else). my hair hates protein, so i use pantene restore beautiful lengths replenishing hair mask, it's super moisturizing. although, if strong fragrances cause problems, you might want to sniff it first. the dove damage therapy one definitely has less scent, and if your hair isn't too sensitive to protein i'd go with it.

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I use a Phyto mask, the Phytojoba intense moisturizing mask. at $38 for 6.7fl oz, it is a little expensive, but it is sooooooo worth it. You can find it at Sephora, and I'm not sure where else.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I LOVE Dove Intense Damage Repair (in the blue bottle) it's my holy grail.
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Length
    45/54/56
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I bought one and I've only used it once so far, but it seemed to work fine.

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I use Dove Intensive Repair conditioner and it's very good. The hair mask must be good as well.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I used this line, shampoo, conditioner and this one. It is good, I liked.

But once I tried the conditioner in SMT. It was really bad because the conditioner turned into little sticky balls, did not go away from my hair

Length
    Waist/Hip/CL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I used the conditioner and it was AWESOME. I think it did help with breakage and overall texture. But, since it does have a lot of protien, when the big bottle was gone, I got a bottle of the Dove Oil Therapy conditioner, which is also awesome. I'm going to rotate them, and rotate the deep treatments from those lines. The Oil Therapy DC is AMAZING. I love it, and use a tiny bit every day for a leave in.
    Let s/he who has no split ends cast the first cone!

I used the conditioner & loved it. It's been a while, but I have fond memories of it. I'm trying to be sulfate free now BUT..... There's a leave in cream by them that always does me right. I can use it on wet or dry hair & just a touch saves me from a bad hair day, whether it be winter static or summer humidity. It's Dove's Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream. Comes in a small-ish white bottle with a gold label, but lasts WAY longer than you'd think. http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/dov...055748-product It's only $6 bucks too. I don't usually go crazy about products, but this is one that I've really fallen for & will buy again.

Length
    2/40/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Yes, I love to use this as a final rinse conditioner. My hair is super shiny and tangle free whenever I use it. The shampoo was too heavy for my hair, but the conditioner and the hairmask are simply wonderful!
    1a/F/ii - dark auburn[hennaed]-fine wispy texture
    pixie/tailbone/tailbone