Page 176 of 221 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2203

Thread: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

I think I will try again from another vendor that has USA harvested soapwort. I really do want to try soapwort again! This time I'll try www.dragonherbarium.com. I'll keep you all posted! :-)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

For all you soapnut lovers, how long do the nuts last for? I saw a box of soapnuts at a health food store near my school but didn't take note of its weight or whether it was in powdered/whole form. I dont mean the individual nuts, but rather weight-wise for the entire package you purchase..

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I've been buying the 500g package from Cellande Midlands in the UK, and it has lasted me three months! Wow! I just realized that when I looked at my checkbook and saw the last time I bought! Their soapnuts are "sticky" and very powerful so I've been using less of them. Prior to that I was using the Lullwater brand from Amazon.com, but those were only lasting a month for the same amount.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

After a mad search for local shops that have soapnuts, I finally found a place with my mother's help. 10 nuts for $1 - Not too bad!

I've been toying around with them and didn't figure out what would be a better method of using them as shampoo until after my shower (Go figure..). I'll try mellie's suggestions in a few days for my next shampooing.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Great! Keep us posted!!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Well, I finally heard back from one of the only places in the USA that seems to sell soapwort (DragonHerbarium in Beaverton, OR - thanks Ljkforu!!) so I may still get my soapwort after all!!

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    Well, I finally heard back from one of the only places in the USA that seems to sell soapwort (DragonHerbarium in Beaverton, OR - thanks Ljkforu!!) so I may still get my soapwort after all!!
    Bob the owner is cool people, kind of an original hippy dude. I feel like I'm in heaven and 1968 when I go into the shop -- I love it. Let me know how well he does his mail ordering, since I just walk in and buy way too much
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

So far it's been very slow going to try to place an order. I tried to place an order online, but the form is not secure, so then I emailed and asked for a quote on shipping as it recommends, but it was about two weeks before I heard back. They asked for my zip code, then I haven't heard back again for about a half a week now. Luckily, I've got plenty of soapnuts to tide me over!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

OK, well it never did work to get soapwort from Dragon Herbarium. So I took a chance on another place that I've never dealt with before, A World of Plenty: http://www.aworldofplenty.com/Mercha...ode=SoapwortRt

They've got a secure site, I got a quick confirmation of my order, followed later that day by a confirmation of shipping! Yay!! So soon I will have my soapwort!!

Type
    1b/F/i

I have soapwort growing in my garden. When I moved here it was only one tiny thing among weeds. Now it has spread. A lot. Into places I don't want it. So I need to remove some of it to another place and might use some of the roots to experiment.

Does the root need to be dried? All the instructions seemed to be with dry roots bought from shops. I will not have much roots, jus for one or two experiments.