Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Gayle

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default Re: Crystal Gayle

I'm sure she has a mild shampoo--I bet when she's on the road, her hair gets filled with sweat and smoke, and that would make you itchy.

She's SOooo tiny!!! How tall is she? I think it's nice her daughter supports her mom's long hair

Rapunzel Wannabe Robbi Dehlinger's Avatar
    Length
    SHORT/24 in/60 in

She was a short haired tomboy when she was a girl! Amazing how the years can change a woman???

She has fast growth from what I hear? says she cuts in to knee length once per year and it is back to her ankles again within 12 months? (Ah, to have such challenges??)
    How long will it grow? Who knows? Let us see? Maybe I will be the next Diane Witt?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sibilum View Post
    She didn't say anything about that on those interviews... just that sometimes she braids it for sleeping, sometimes not, she just puts all over her pillow.

She also said she washes is everyday when she is touring, and every other day when she is not... I must admit I didn't believe that... that's a lot of washing for that amount of hair. Maybe she was just afraid of what others that are not used to very long hair care would think or say about her.

Anyway, I was hoping she would say something about oiling, but again, nothing.
    I bet she does need to wash it every other day. When I saw her in concert I could tell she has fine hair that separates REALLY quickly if you know what I mean. It looks like it would look sort of flat if you didn't wash it often. I used to have a friend who had hair like that. It was very straight and sort of thin and when she washed it it made it look thicker. I noticed even then that she would brush it and come out and sing for 5 minutes and it would be very stringy again. That is how fine-hairs do. Still beautiful just that hair type.

I love her hair as well! It was a huge treat to see her with Kenny Rogers in concert

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    19/37.5/TBD
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Oh! When I was little, I wanted so much to grow up and have hair like Crystal Gayle's! I saw her on tv once and was just enamored with her hair.
    My routine is in a state of flux
    Hair length: Tailbone. Trying to decide whether I want a minimal trim, or to take off a few inches. It's a scary decision!

mythical equestrian Lady Godiva's Avatar
    Length
    54in./75in./74in.
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik Guy View Post
    You just discovered Crystal?

Actually, it's probably a defining moment for longhairs when people make the 'Crystal Gayle comment' (women only presumably).
    And then some, for a person who is several inches taller than Crystal. She's been on my favorites list for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I bet she does need to wash it every other day. When I saw her in concert I could tell she has fine hair that separates REALLY quickly if you know what I mean. It looks like it would look sort of flat if you didn't wash it often. I used to have a friend who had hair like that. It was very straight and sort of thin and when she washed it it made it look thicker. I noticed even then that she would brush it and come out and sing for 5 minutes and it would be very stringy again. That is how fine-hairs do. Still beautiful just that hair type.
    Although I have never seen Crystal's hair up close to type it, it appears that hers is very much like mine (type 1a). I'm an oily-scalped, finey, too, and no, it's not necessary to wash my hair every day or every-other day. Separation is not a sign of bad health. It's just separation. Also, flat hair is not a problem, either. It's what type 1a hair usually looks like. Not everyone wants body or lift at the roots, although we're constantly told that we should do everything possible to affect those things. I used to perm my hair to cause the effect. No thanks. I'll just be very content with my stringy, flat, sometimes-separate-y hair.
    My Articles: Log Roll Tutorial - original site, Infinity Bun Tutorial - original site

Floor Length Hair: 1a F iii --- avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

Account Closed by Member Request

Are there more "public figures" or singers, actresses, etc, etc, with really long hair, I mean, past classic?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Godiva View Post
    And then some, for a person who is several inches taller than Crystal. She's been on my favorites list for a long time.

Although I have never seen Crystal's hair up close to type it, it appears that hers is very much like mine (type 1a). I'm an oily-scalped, finey, too, and no, it's not necessary to wash my hair every day or every-other day. Separation is not a sign of bad health. It's just separation. Also, flat hair is not a problem, either. It's what type 1a hair usually looks like. Not everyone wants body or lift at the roots, although we're constantly told that we should do everything possible to affect those things. I used to perm my hair to cause the effect. No thanks. I'll just be very content with my stringy, flat, sometimes-separate-y hair.
    Oh I didn't mean it was in bad HEALTH at all! In fact it looked very healthy. I just meant that it separated like that type of hair does and from my experience with my close friend it helped hers a bit to wash every day or more often. I LOVE type 1a hair!!!!! Just so you know!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    bald/3 in/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Her long hair used to facinate me as a kid. And hey, it still does.
    Lady Rosa of the Nightingale Dream in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Rapunzel Wannabe Robbi Dehlinger's Avatar
    Length
    SHORT/24 in/60 in

Quote Originally Posted by sibilum View Post
    Are there more "public figures" or singers, actresses, etc, etc, with really long hair, I mean, past classic?
    Hi!

Jane Seymour used to have classic length, but cut it back to just below BSL. She is STILL gorgeous
    How long will it grow? Who knows? Let us see? Maybe I will be the next Diane Witt?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've discovered Crystal Gayle when I was little about30 years ago, and I've always wantd to grow my hair as long has hers.