Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faster growth with silica?

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Faster growth with silica?

I Have read a few posts of members saying they get faster growth taking silica. Is it that way for everyone? What is your experience? How much do you take and what kind? What are your results?
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Faster growth with silica?

hi!

i started taking silica a couple months ago when i stopped taking biotin. i stopped biotin b/c after a year and 1/2 it was breaking me out, but i still wanted to take something for hair growth besides my mulitvitamin and omega 3 supplements.

so far i'd say its working just as well as the biotin did, minus the breakouts. I take 500mg every night. its hard to tell exactly how much its helping my hair, but i know that its for sure elping my nails. before biotin my nails were super weak and brittle, and grew really slowly. biotin helped immensely, and after switching to silica my nails havent went back to their weaken state (*knock on wood!*).
    i'm sure you'll get other replies though-- i've heard of others who've taken silica and swore their gair grew faster.
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LaceyNg View Post
    hi!

i started taking silica a couple months ago when i stopped taking biotin. i stopped biotin b/c after a year and 1/2 it was breaking me out, but i still wanted to take something for hair growth besides my mulitvitamin and omega 3 supplements.

so far i'd say its working just as well as the biotin did, minus the breakouts. I take 500mg every night. its hard to tell exactly how much its helping my hair, but i know that its for sure elping my nails. before biotin my nails were super weak and brittle, and grew really slowly. biotin helped immensely, and after switching to silica my nails havent went back to their weaken state (*knock on wood!*).
    i'm sure you'll get other replies though-- i've heard of others who've taken silica and swore their gair grew faster.
    Thanks!
    What kind did you take? I've seen some from horsetail, I don't know what other kinds there are.

My hair is thin & I am wondering if anyone has had new hair growth after taking silica?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I took silica for 6 months, nothing happened with my hair...
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Did you try the biotin & if so, could you tell any difference in the thickness?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wurleyhead View Post
    Did you try the biotin & if so, could you tell any difference in the thickness?
    I'm guessing you are asking me...

Yes, I tried biotin. It didn't work for me at all either. I think that after a certain amount of minerals our body just doesn't absorb the rest. I also think that there are a lot of "do this and your hair will grow faster" things that people hope will work, but don't necessarily do work.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    22"/29"/37"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I give my dog Diatamaceous earth, which is basically silica, every day. It is a natural internal parasite preventer, with a bunch of other benefits including shiny coat.

Well, the dog's coat is incredibly shiny, but short, as she is a MinPin! I took the DE myself for a month as a supplement, last year and I recently started again to see if it would help with hair growth.

Here is some great info on benefits for both human and animals. It's interesting reading.

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/di...human_use.html

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Serin, I actually have de. I kind of forgot it was mostly silica. I took it consistently last year and had great growth. I'll have to start taking it again. I just don't like the texture much....

I did some reading online today about taking a silica supplement and it seems that it's not beneficial at all to take too much; in fact it can apparently be harmful. I'll just stick with taking some de and not supplement otherwise.

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    I took silica for 6 months, nothing happened with my hair...
    Thanks for sharing! I figured it probably wasn't a miracle for everyone (though I was hoping!).