Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faster growth with silica?

Length
    chin/APL/Hip

Default Re: Faster growth with silica?

I've been taking it off and on for years. I originally took it for my nails and they always would grow so long and strong that people thought they were fake! The moment I would stop taking it all my nails would break off.

As far as hair growth? Never paid any attention to that but now that I am growing my hair out I will be paying attention. I am also taking biotin (5,000 mcg) and MSM (2,000 mg) and have grown over an inch in less than a month I have no comparison to what my normal hair growth rate is but I am now writing it down on a calendar and will be watching.

I take Silica (horsetail) 500 mg pills x2 per day. I buy it at the vitamin store at our mall though they do have a website- vitaminworld.com

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJennifer View Post
    Thanks!
    What kind did you take? I've seen some from horsetail, I don't know what other kinds there are.
    sorry, just now saw this! yes, i take horsetail. i'm not sure what other kinds there are either. i've been thinking about switching to DE after i run out of this bottle though.
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

It might be a bit late for this thread, but would you recommend taking silica supplements or rather getting the nutrition from eating foods rich in silica such as cucumbers, etc. I was wondering if anyone had better effects from the first or the latter?

Length
    17"/21CBL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Reviving this thread.
    Has anyone tried bamboo silica? It's supposed to be far superior than the horsetail variety:

"Bamboo extract is the richest known source of natural silica containing over 70% organic silica. This is more than 10 times the level as found in the widely used Horsetail plant (Equisetum) that contains about 5 - 7% silica."

I've bought some to try out since the last time I tried silica (no faster growth) was with the horsetail kind *fingers crossed*