Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those with blunt ends...

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Those with blunt ends...

At what length did you all start evening out/blunting your ends?

I want blunt ends as my hair has a habit of growing out unevenly. I haven't had a trim for my back hair since my last cut in June last year. My current length is in my signature and I'm having a tough time deciding whether to start evening out the hemline or to preserve length. :/

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Those with blunt ends...

If I were you I’d preserve the length for now. Use those ends as a shield until you get down to waist, and then you can start cutting them off slowly. They’ll bear the most wear and tear anyway and you don’t want to sacrifice the otherwise blunt ends you’ll have in the future before you have to. Or at least that’s my reasoning with mine!

Length
    2/35/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

When I reached APL, but I was growing it out from a buzz cut. Now my hair is little past MBL, but always when I go for a trim get blunt cut. Probably only start evening it out when you get to MBL

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Honestly, I wouldn’t bother evening it out yet. Let it go, the shape looks great and that way you’ve got some built-in sacrificial ends. Once you’re down south of, say, bsb (or wherever feels good to you) then you can have a better idea of how your hair is growing and laying in this incarnation of growing out and decide from there.

I think that slight U you have going currently is really lovely at your length.

Edited to add:
    I didn’t start trimming out layers til waist.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

When you say "blunt", do you mean straight across? Because the ends of your hair looks thick and healthy to me. I would leave them for now and trim between BSL-WL, if you don't want to wait any longer than that.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I agree with what the others are saying and to not cut it. When you get to your goal, you can start altering the hemline. Too much cutting will impede progress.
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I cut mine off blunt as soon as possible. I have always preferred a neat hemline. Sorry, but I can't remember how long it was; certainly not very long. Have kept that hemline forever and always will. Your own preferences are the only ones that matter, not mine or anyone else's.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

@pisinoe

@RustyAl

@baanoo

@Eastbound&Down

@mariakatija

@Cg

Thank you everyone for responding! I read a lot of good suggestions and I feel less guilty for not trimming the back now.
    I will wait until my hair reaches at least WL before considering evening things out.
    Last edited by Death-Within-Me; April 27th, 2021 at 07:58 PM.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My most recent trim was last month and I hadn't cut in about 16 months. I usually micro trim once or twice a year but didn't since I was trying to reach goal. Since your hair looks very healthy and your hemline is thick, I honestly wouldn't worry about it for awhile yet. I started cutting blunt ends at around armpit length but only because my ends get ratty and thin quickly. Your hair is very pretty and shiny btw!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    My most recent trim was last month and I hadn't cut in about 16 months. I usually micro trim once or twice a year but didn't since I was trying to reach goal. Since your hair looks very healthy and your hemline is thick, I honestly wouldn't worry about it for awhile yet. I started cutting blunt ends at around armpit length but only because my ends get ratty and thin quickly. Your hair is very pretty and shiny btw!
    Thank you! Your hair is very pretty too. I remember looking at your avatar a lot (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol.)