Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Length
    6/HL+/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

I do believe in self affirmation in health issues. One can actually give oneself a headache by thinking one has it and so forth.
    I don't know how it works on hair but I'll definitely try it! It would be nice to have better ends and finally cross this annoying APL border (I'd like to have ALL of my hair to flow below my armpits, not just the strands on my back.. it feels like I'm stuck at this length...)
    I'm trying it as of today and I'll see about the results!
    Lady Bainwen, Scribe of Glorious Horizons in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Ear-Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL->Waist-HL-BCL-TBL-Classic

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/&#914/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I believe positive thinking can do wonders to one's psychology and self-esteem, and therefore help them achieve things that are up to them. Our hair growth, though is not up to us! Have you maybe considered that the faster length-gain might have come from your curls loosening-up? Because at your photos I noticed that from the moment you claim that your hair started growing faster, your curls where looser as well.. I don't think that's a coincidence!

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tsopana View Post
    I believe positive thinking can do wonders to one's psychology and self-esteem, and therefore help them achieve things that are up to them. Our hair growth, though is not up to us! Have you maybe considered that the faster length-gain might have come from your curls loosening-up? Because at your photos I noticed that from the moment you claim that your hair started growing faster, your curls where looser as well.. I don't think that's a coincidence!
    That may be a part, but it's not the whole, I know. Back then, though I didn't LHC-measure with a measuring tape, I always measured where it reached on my back when WET, so I had a fairly good idea of how long it actually was, curls or not. I think it was the weight of my longer hair that relaxed the curls. In fact, I know that to be the case. I tried plopping several times and it was an unqualified failure. Sick of failure, I decided to see if it was the length doing it; I showered and then, while it was still wet, and knotted it the way you do when you're trying to disguise length in a ponytail. The length of the remaining hair came to shoulderblade or so, it airdryed as curly as it used to be. Oh well. I'm stuck being a straight-hair, but I've learned more about my own head.
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

I'm going to try this. I believe in the power of affirmations and the power of believing you can do something. I am at the length now where I've always chopped in the past out of frustration. If daily positive self-talk can help me believe I can get past this awkward length and on to longer lengths....then I'll chant affirmations to myself all day long
    Last edited by BrightEyes; January 20th, 2012 at 08:13 AM.