Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Length
    18 in/39/43 in
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

I like these psychological things, and I do believe they work. It's like a placebo effect. Deffinitely trying this as of right now!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I am definitely on this bandwagon!

Last month I had several dreams in which I was combing/brushing my hair or just running my fingers through it. Each time I did, my hair grew! I was then brushing waist length hair! It was so cool!

After reading this thread about a week and a half ago, I got an idea....What if in waking life, as I brushed my hair or ran my fingers through it, I could "feel" it getting longer? I do this during daily scalp massages too. I "feel" the hair growing from my scalp as I massage it. I have been doing this and I must say, I think it is working!!!!

I saw a friend the other day and then I saw her again a few days later. She actually said to me "OMG! Wow! Does you hair grow every single day? I swear it's longer than when I saw you the other day!" I just smiled and said "I think it does, actually!"

So, I do really think this is working for me!
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HairFaerie View Post
    >snip<I saw a friend the other day and then I saw her again a few days later. She actually said to me "OMG! Wow! Does you hair grow every single day? I swear it's longer than when I saw you the other day!" I just smiled and said "I think it does, actually!"

So, I do really think this is working for me!
    This. It looks visibly longer in mirrors, and when I measure it against landmarks on my body, it just confirms. I've had people say that to me, too! It's so cool I had to spread the word. Glad you're noticing a difference, isn't it fun?!
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yes! It is very cool & fun! Not quite like in my dreams....but I will take it!
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have a problem. Each night I lay down in bed, curl up, and shut my eyes to better visualize my hair growing longer. For some reason though, before I can even start saying My Hair Grows Fast (the phrase I chose to repeat), I'm out like a light! It's nice for when I want to sleep right away, but it sure would be nice to be able to stay conscious for just thirty more seconds.

Length
    .5/4/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Popping in at this thread because it was brought up in the Daily Appreciation thread also ^_^

I might have to start trying this to see if it helps for falling asleep. Kind of like counting sheep ^_^
    Lady Bellethiel, Sorceress of Endorphins, Seeker of Knowledge|OotLHK|
    ~Shaved~Pixie~Shaggy Mess~Chin~SL~APL~BSL~WL~

Length
    pixie/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

Just read through all the pages, and tried it. I repeated the phrase like in the first post, while massaging my scalp. I'll do some more tonight, while in the shower.

Sure it sounds crazy but I believe people should be more open to things, and I'm happy that most people here seem to be. If I mentioned it to my friends they'd tell me I was insane hahaha.

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

By the way, I tried this today with something other than hair growth. If you consider this a sidetrack, skip. If you're interested in the potential effectiveness of the method as evidenced by other applications, read on:

I did the same repeat ten times, change word emphasis, continue, etc., but with "I will remember that memory." My DBF and his family are trying to find a set of architectural plans his grandmother paid $1,000 to get drafted and never followed through with. Now they NEED to do the repairs on that house before it falls in, and they can't find the plans! I'm the only person with any slight memory of when the plans were last in circulation in the house, but my memory sucks.

The strange thing is, I could FEEEEL my mind clearing as I worked through the set of 100 repetitions. My memory of what happened was sharpened (!), and I was able to remember more of the beginning of it than trying to remember it "cold," but the floorplan wasn't where he put it down when my memory ended (he put it on the table beside his bed where things only tend to rest temporarily.)

They need it in less than a week, and I hope they don't have to spend another thousand to get the same piece of paper made! Maybe it'll come to me in a dream? >crosses fingers<

>Places thread squarely back on its tracks again<
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Lightbulb Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Quote Originally Posted by uptosomeone View Post
    I have a problem. Each night I lay down in bed, curl up, and shut my eyes to better visualize my hair growing longer. For some reason though, before I can even start saying My Hair Grows Fast (the phrase I chose to repeat), I'm out like a light! It's nice for when I want to sleep right away, but it sure would be nice to be able to stay conscious for just thirty more seconds.
    My new sleeping potion!
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Exclamation Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

LOL, I did go to sleep last night to the mantra " My hair is classic length and silky, shiny, healthy."

Grow, Hair, Grow
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights