Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Quote Originally Posted by KwaveT View Post
    There is something to this actually. Your words don't come back void. Everything you say sets something off in the spirit realm. Most people don't even realize that there is spiritual battle going on for your hearts and mind. There is both a natural realm and a spirit realm. Natural realm are those things we can see with our eyes. Spirit realm is invisible to our eyes. On this realm the angels of the lord and evil demon spirits exist. God wants you to believe him so he can bless you and devil wants you to believe him so he can curse you. Most people live under the curse rather than the blessing. If you are interested in knowing more about the blessing and the curse then find you a bible and read Deuternomy 28. If you say you have terrible hair then you open the door for the devil to deliver on that. If you keep saying that you have fast growing hair then you are releasing your faith in God then and it will eventually become reality. If you say that you are healed of some illness even something like cancer it will happen because you are releasing words of faith into the spirit realm. That is what faith is which is calling things that are not as though they actually are. Eventually they will become reality. Most people don't realize these are actual biblical truths. Are you putting your faith in God or in the devil? Your words and attitudes in life will determine just that.
    Not to be argumentative but there are plenty of non-Christians on this board who might disagree with the fact that if they affirm to themselves that they want their hair to grow that they are tapping into a Christian view of God or "releasing their faith in God."

I fully understand that this might be a great thing for Christians to look at it this way and more power to them. If it works it works but I can't help take exception to the claim that everyone who does this is glorifying the Christian God in some way.

I just seems pretty exclusionary on a very diverse board.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nae View Post
    Not to be argumentative but there are plenty of non-Christians on this board who might disagree with the fact that if they affirm to themselves that they want their hair to grow that they are tapping into a Christian view of God or "releasing their faith in God."

I fully understand that this might be a great thing for Christians to look at it this way and more power to them. If it works it works but I can't help take exception to the claim that everyone who does this is glorifying the Christian God in some way.

I just seems pretty exclusionary on a very diverse board.
    I mention at the end of my second post that I only give biblical truth and it is your to do with it what you want. I am not going to force my beliefs on others. I am not going to take on the weight of making people believe that don't. That is all I can to do as a Christian. If I made an impression on even one person then it is worth to educate others on biblical concepts. This is the second topic I have done such on with this forum.

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Doing a meditation with the emphasis on a different word with each iteration does seem similar to a kind of therapeutic work I did some years ago, especially with the physical/finger work grounding things. The idea is to see multiple meanings and different kinds of emphasis in the same sentence. Basically, you're forcing your subconscious to let go of beliefs that may not be doing you any good, and finding new meanings that might expand your understanding.

For me, it's not spiritual, though I do see value in prayer and in letting go of my expectations.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Im trying it now!! jajaaja oh yeah. Cannot wait for this.

Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Sounds just crazy enough to work.
    We are stardust; billion year old carbon
    We are golden. Caught in the Devil's bargain
    And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Well, it can't hurt! I'll add it into my nightly scalp massage and see how it goes.
    BALDPIXIECHINSHOULDERAPLBSLWAISTHLTL
    Henna enhanced auburn-haired girl

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I've been doing this since mid-December just to relieve stress, and I think it's actually working.
    Even if it's not, it's really therapeutic and it has been helping me relieve my stress.
    So thank you piffyanne for posting this
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Length
    18.5/20/APL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

well when i was little i had straight hair. when i was about 12 yo i saw a girl who had natural waves at the ends of her hair, and i also wished to have the hair like her, so i used to take my hair in a tail and rotate it so that it becomes curly, and i always imagined i have a hair just like that. after a year or so i got a layered haircut and surprise: my hair was exactly just like hers, it had little waves/was curly at the ends. that took about 2 years and after that i started to dye my hair and because of the unhealthy hairs it got back to merely straight. now i have since a month shoulder length healthy virgin hair again, it's a little bit waved but not that much. should i try to curl it with my hands again and think that it's curly?

similar when i was teenage about 15 i wished i had a bigger breasts because i was obsessed with thin waist and victorian corsets. one of my aquantances had such a thin and feminine waist and i also wished that and i somehow imagined i had it. well donno if it was just puberty but after one year or so my breasts got much bigger so that i catched up some of my friends and my waist was more beautiful in comparison to before, the proportion made my waist much thinner. and the other thing is, my breasts were much bigger at 16yo then my mother ever had before having kids, and i was very skinny and have inherited almost exactely the body and breasts form from my mother. that time i used to get compliments for my body and for my bust though all i was interested of was to have thin waist, it made me feel like a princess . now my breasts became in the last year again little in comparison to before(have no idea why). maybe i should think again about it

i think it's definitely something worth trying

usually i'm not a believer but i think it's very possible the psyche is powerful when it comes to our own body.
    Last edited by nightwish90; January 5th, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
    ----|----|----O----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----->

Length
    BSL/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I once tried singing "flower gleam & glow" (from disney's Tangled) to my hair. hehe.

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

That is a great idea. Im going to try it.