Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

Default Re: Self-talk as Growth Enhancer?

I like it!
    The mind is incredibly powerful.

Length
    15/22/30

I think this is very good its very positive

Length
    13/23/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I definitely believe that affirmations can work! My preference is to keep it in present tense rather than in future tense and to mention a concrete goal rather than a comparison. (I have waist length hair, instead of I will have longer hair.) But those are just details. I think the most important thing is to be in either a neutral or positive mindspace while doing the affirmations.

For example, suppose I have a lot of stress and nervousness about my tennis skills. It's not enough to repeat "I'm an excellent tennis player" if I feel anxiety while saying it. The message does not necessarily get through to the subconscious mind. At least, that's been my own personal experience.

But if I can be relaxed and neutral (or, even better, happy and excited) on a subject, affirmations have worked great for me. :-) It had not occured to me to use this for my hair! I'm really glad for the reminder. Thank you, piffyanne, for starting this thread.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm so doing this. I dont think it's nonsense.

Account Closed by Member Request

Thanks for starting this thread and reminding me!

I've used affirmations and creative visualisation with varying levels of success before. My hair is currently only APL and has never been much longer. But I've been picturing long, healthy waves down past my waist for a month or so now and feel confident I'll get there sooner or later. I think I'll take your idea and throw in some affirmations about the speed my hair grows too. Certainly can't hurt.
    Last edited by whiterabbitz; January 14th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

I'm going to try this too!

Does anyone think this could also work to make your hair thicker, if you substituted 'thicker' for 'longer' - or is that just too determined by genetics to be affected by the power of the mind?

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Hey, it can't hurt to try, right? The great thing about this was I dislike not having control in a situation, and growing hair left me feeling helpless--too much of a spectator sport, if you know what I mean? With the self-talk, you at least feel you're doing something constructive to help out. The same thing might help you, although I haven't yet tried to increase thickness.

On the other hand, I have affirmed toe strength of my hair, and have less breakage on the floor, and fewer shed hairs (I used to wonder if I would go bald at the rate I lost hair!) and my hair definitely looks thicker!

Give it a try, remember it might take a while to see results, and play around with the system until you've made it your own.

By the way, I've started imagining increased bloodflow to my scalp and I guess my Imagination is so strong I can feel my scalp doing something that feels like what I suppose increased bloodflow feels like! It's kinda creepy...!
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I like it. So many times people get focused on bad hair days and how short it is, ect. The list of complains just go on and on. I can't think of encouraging positivity around the hair growth journey as anything but positive, so good on ya!

I think I will try it. Why the heck not?
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

There is something to this actually. Your words don't come back void. Everything you say sets something off in the spirit realm. Most people don't even realize that there is spiritual battle going on for your hearts and mind. There is both a natural realm and a spirit realm. Natural realm are those things we can see with our eyes. Spirit realm is invisible to our eyes. On this realm the angels of the lord and evil demon spirits exist. God wants you to believe him so he can bless you and devil wants you to believe him so he can curse you. Most people live under the curse rather than the blessing. If you are interested in knowing more about the blessing and the curse then find you a bible and read Deuternomy 28. If you say you have terrible hair then you open the door for the devil to deliver on that. If you keep saying that you have fast growing hair then you are releasing your faith in God then and it will eventually become reality. If you say that you are healed of some illness even something like cancer it will happen because you are releasing words of faith into the spirit realm. That is what faith is which is calling things that are not as though they actually are. Eventually they will become reality. Most people don't realize these are actual biblical truths. Are you putting your faith in God or in the devil? Your words and attitudes in life will determine just that.

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Like I explained in my above post, that is how FAITH works. It goes up the Trinity (Holy Spirit, Jesus, God the father). Holy Spirit hears the prayer or words of faith (if you are saved the Holy Spirit lives inside you), then Jesus pleads your case before the father. God the father answer the prayer from his prayer pot for the lack of a better word. It goes back down the Trinity. Jesus administrates the prayer. The Holy Spirit executes/manifests the prayer by slowing it down so that it can move below the light line (dividing line of light between heaven and earth) and manifests itself in the natural realm so that your natural eyes can see it. The last step takes the longest time if it seems you aren't getting answers. Keep believing it will happen. Nobody can doubt you then. God promised Abraham he would be the father of many nations. He was 100 years old when Isaac was born. He kept believing God even when natural circumstances said there is no way he was going to have a child. I know these concepts and I don't use them enough myself. I am going to start by saying daily that I am totally healed of my epilepsy that I have had since I was eleven months old. Once my healing manifests and I have no need of medication anymore. My entire family is going to have to believe in the power of faith then. I will do it with my hair growth too. You don't have to say it 100 times a day for faith to work. Just simply say it every time you think about it. Enough teaching but this is serious subject matter. Even many Christians are clueless about the spirit realm and faith. I am only giving you biblical truth. It is yours to do with it what you want.