Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joico??

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Default Joico??

Anyone use this line (it's what they used on Arwen's wig... that piqued my interest)?

Does it have cones?

Yea, nea ?
    [SIGP

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Joico??

Yes, I believe it does have cones. I haven't used it in years, but it's a good product line. Spendy though.

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I have only used the K-Pak protein reconstructor. It is da bomb. (Did I just type "da bomb"??? ) My hair likes protein and it slurps up K-Pak. I can't remember if it has cones, tho.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

K pak does not have cones. It's a wonderful reconstructor. You have to be careful what you get from them though. Some things have cones, some don't. I use their K Pak, I use the joiwhip occasionally, and I use the curl defining cream/gel.

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

The reconstructor was what they used on Arwen's wig Maybe for Kiwicus I may ask for some

I love my all natural routine, but it does have it's limits.
    [SIGP

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

I've heard that this is really designed for color treated, bleach fried, heat fried, and otherwise ravaged hair-- and that on healthy/virgin hair it might wreak havoc.

My hair isn't exactly in superb condition, even though i henna, hendigo, cassia, oil, etc. It's just naturally dry and wavy.

Thoughts on protein treatments in that case?
    [SIGP

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Does your hair like protein or benefit from the occasional protein treatment? If so, K-Pak may be for you. I've tried both the Joico and the Sally's GVP version and I actually like the Sally's one better. My hair is bleached on the length and K-Pak was a great tip from the lady at a beauty supply.
    01/07/2010, now at waist length (30").
    I'm a work in progress.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I do like the Joico line... I first tried it after purchasing the Silk Results (has a cone) but works great. I also have the K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator... works fantastic (has a cone way down the ingredient line)! Then there's the reconstructor, which also works a treat! Sally's make a generic of it that works nice too.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I use it and LOVE it. I've used their clarifying shampoo, Kpak, but I LOVE Integrity--their leave in conditioner/detangler. It is coney, and can leave build up, but for me, since I work in the elements, this conditioner is AWESOME! Keeps my hair lower on static, protects it from the dry cold air and the sun and leaves it less pouffy.
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Type
    2c/M/iii

I've used their silk results shampoo and conditioner (the one for coarse/thick hair) and the k-pak reconstructor. They all gave me great results: Shiny, very soft and manageable hair. All 3 products contain cones. That's why I don't use them exclusively . I always rotate products and generally prefer stuff without cones.