Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to use a ribbon the Korean way? Daenggi

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How to use a ribbon the Korean way? Daenggi

Beautiful daenggi TatsuOni!! It looks so good with your length. Thank you for sharing

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Beautiful daenggi TatsuOni!! It looks so good with your length. Thank you for sharing
    Thank you! I liked it so much, that I might make more some day

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Wow, I remembered my login after years of just... forgetting. I stopped being a real forum-goer at some point. I came back to this thread because of the weirdest moment. I was looking up something about Japanese hairstyles, visited a page on Pinterest, and found myself! Anyone else ever run into that? I mean, those of you who aren't long-haired celebrities... lol.

Now, in an updated bit on the married noblewoman's bun (which I forgot the name of), I guess with the giant hallyu wave within the past several years, a Korean actually posted a similar tutorial. It looks like the one step I never knew about was twisting the braid, so that the fatter part of the braid crosses right, and the thinner side crosses underneath, to go left. I wish I could try this now, but I've opted to cut my hair short.

If you can't read Korean, I suggest using Google Translate's mobile app. You can save the image, click the camera icon, select this image, then highlight all the Korean words. You can also align the desired text within the brackets and do a "live reading."

Length
    30/50/50
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I attempted the Joseon but now I think I need to try it again. This picture is much clearer than what I was working off of! I also think I need to use a thinner cloth/scarf/ribbon
    Reached my goal of knee length/50 inches. Now seeing how long it will go! Long Hair Carolyn on YouTube

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cm006j View Post
    I attempted the Joseon but now I think I need to try it again. This picture is much clearer than what I was working off of! I also think I need to use a thinner cloth/scarf/ribbon
    My hair is too long, but it works if I wrap the end of the braid a few times around the base, before adding the ribbon.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights