Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How much time is required to comb your hair?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: How much time is required to comb your hair?

Less than a minute I'd say. But I mostly have it up so it doesn't tangle. If I wore it loose I would get heaps of tangles.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

5 minutes on a tangle free day, 10 minutes if it's tangled, 15 minutes if I apply oil.

Length
    Bob/67"/67"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Thirty minutes to an hour. I only comb it out every other week or so, so it's actually not that bad.
    iii 2b F 62"

Length
    61cm/82cm/118cm
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

10 minutes dry with a bit of added product like cream, leave in condtioner, oil or cones.. I am able to comb my hair while dry if I 1. use products 2. detangle with my hands BEFORE using a comb and 3. start from the ends of course!! And also keeping my hair in a protective hairstyle (braids) basically all the time so my hair barely has a chance to become tangled!! After a shower I leave my wet hair to dry in Loose braids because once it curls and dries it is such a pain to detangle (even if I detangle it beforehand while wet...).

I tend to not comb my hair when wet anymore (though a lot of curly haired people I know tend to prefer combing it when wet). (I do detangle with my hands while I have conditioner in my hair during showers).

Length
    19/31/50
    Type
    3b/M/i/ii

If I'm using a boar bristle brush to brush it when dry, I usually need 5 mins. If I'm washing and detangling I need between 5 and 10 mins.
    (CL) (SL) (BSL) (MBL) (WL) (HL) (TBL) (CLSL) (MTL)

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I would say under a minute with a wide toothed comb. My hair is slippery and TBL. It's mostly a ritual. If I didn't comb it nobody would notice. I shed all my hair in the shower, so there's no loose hair or tangles during other time. I didn't even know about detangling until my husband and second son grew their hair out. They have lovely soft curls (2c). Oh but there are always loose hair tangled in those curls and knots underneath.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I usually spend about five minutes gently finger detangling, and then another five going from tips to roots with my wide toothed wooden comb in sections. I only need to do that every 3-4 days, though, since I mostly wear my hair up. I never detangle wet hair unless I have it soaked in conditioner--my hair is really fragile when it's wet. If I ever have particularly bad tangles, I coat my fingers in jojoba oil before detangling and I find that really helps lubricate everything.
    dec '18 ear > dec '21 MBL > dec '22 waist > dec '24 classic

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Idk, like 20 seconds? I use so many conditioners that my hair pretty much detangles itself, I brush it simply to smooth it into a bun (wearing it up all the time also helps it stay tangle-free)
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

It depends. If I've been wearing it in a bun, less than 30 seconds. But most of the time I leave it in a braid for several days at a time (a bad habit I'm trying to break), and then my nape hairs get matted and it takes 5-10 minutes to detangle.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I feel odd man out on this one. You all are so fast. I spend 20-30 minutes every morning on mine. That includes combing with wide and medium tooth combs trying not to get any "snaps" (I think it impossible to do as there always seem to be some no matter how slow or careful I am), undoing the occassional knot, braiding and putting it up for the day, and collecting all the sheds off the floor. Unless I'm in a hurry. Then it takes twice as long.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+