Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you consider "long" hair?

Length
    17/18/33

Default what do you consider "long" hair?

Since lurking around LHC i think my "long hair" perception changed. It used to be that BSL was pretty long to me but now I consider more around the waist or hip area long hair. I know a lot of non-LHCers that consider APL long though, and it's kind of weird to me. But maybe thats because I'm used to the idea of really long hair?

So tell me ladies & gents, what do you consider long hair? I don't mean state-of-mind (like someone who treats their hair very nice and carefully), but physical appearance. I know everyone has a different opinion on this.

(I'm one of those people that think a certain length looks long on someone else, but looks and feels short on me. I think it's my lack of height )

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I think BSL and longer are long. I feel like my hair is really short though; eventhough it's almost BSL length.
    Last edited by lora410; April 16th, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    13.5"/?/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

i think hip+ is long
    but then i did think waist was long until like now, im a few inches away from it

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

For me, BSL is long-ish, and long starts at waist.

But that's probably because mine is at BSL at the moment - it'll probably shift as I grow along
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Account Closed by Member Request

I consider my hair long in real life because compared to other people's hair, it is longer. My hair has been much shorter than what I have now for much of my life. Also, whenever I make a meez or simpsonize myself, the category of hair that matches my hair is labeled "long." My hair is shoulderblade length. I will consider long by LHC standards when it reaches my waist or gets to BSL or a little longer. It is a shifting goalpost.

Length
    APL/Hip/class
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii/iii

IMHO I say for women long is waist and really long is hip and beyond. But for guys, APL is long and waist and beyond is really long I hold them to different standards. LOL

~~> Queen of Typos <~~

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've always thought of APL as long, but my hair didn't feel long to me until it passed my waist.

Type
    2a/F/ii

BSL and longer...
    Lady Sjöfn of the Healing Heart, Warden of Silver and Gold, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Having been a short hair person for a while I consider my hair long if I can manage to get it into a ponytail without and clips

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Mid back + is long on other people; but I still don't think my hair is all that long. It's definitely not short anymore, but for some reason I'll look at waist and for some reason it seems longer than mine; not to mention when I look at someone with classic +, it'll take a while before my hair gets there.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!