Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Red Rajasthani (hennasooq)- has anyone tried it?

Default Re: Red Rajasthani (hennasooq)- has anyone tried it?

Midnight star - For me, dye release starts almost immediately. It was staining hands and paper towels 15 minutes in. And when I froze & thawed it, wow.

For me, with my ash brown virgin hair - Red Raj stains like crazy. I was so worried I'd end up a flaming red head, but 3 hours made me auburn - and I'm really dark ash blonde, technically. It's a gorgeous color but if I was going for a lighter red, I'd have shot way past that. Maybe I didn't need it on so long? Either way, I love it. It looks completely natural indoors - in the sun, that glow gives me away!

Length
    BSL/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I'm not that thrilled with Red Raj....it was super stringy..almost too stringy. Very difficult to rinse out, and left almost a sand/grit in my hair. It did release dye very quickly. The smell wasn't as strong as some other hennas I've used. I think I prefer mehandi.com's Twilight henna. It has a 2.8% lawsone concentration and is super easy to rinse out.

Length
    Short/37/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDoe View Post
    MidnightStar your hair looks amazing! Love the color & shine.

Some of the henna faded a bit with my first wash today, even though it was a mild CO.
    Will do another round of Red Raj next week, my mother needs a few days to forget the mess I made the first time.
    My previously slightly itchy spot at the back of my head is also gone, my scalp hasn't felt this calm in ages.
    Thank you! The color so far doesn't seem to be changing a whole lot, but I haven't had the chance to take any pictures out in the sunlight. Maybe tomorrow?
    I washed it a little while ago and I did have some bleeding, which I don't know if I've ever had with henna. I've seen a few people posting about this - anyone else have that problem? We'll see how it goes over the next week I guess, unfortunately I have to wash my hair almost every day. Really hope I don't lose any color...
    Lady Persephone, Keeper of the Phoenix Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I found that I got quite a lot of it rinsing out the first time I used. Less the second time and almost none since then.

I've never used any other henna, so I can't compare. I certainly wouldn't describe the Red Raj as stringy exactly, although it does like to glom together. I don't have any trouble applying it, but I have just been "mushing" it in with my hands, I don't know if it would work to apply with a brush? I do a mermaid soak and it comes out with no problems. And no sand. Sand?
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    BSL/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Angry Re: Red Rajasthani (hennasooq)- has anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by moxamoll View Post
    I found that I got quite a lot of it rinsing out the first time I used. Less the second time and almost none since then.

I've never used any other henna, so I can't compare. I certainly wouldn't describe the Red Raj as stringy exactly, although it does like to glom together. I don't have any trouble applying it, but I have just been "mushing" it in with my hands, I don't know if it would work to apply with a brush? I do a mermaid soak and it comes out with no problems. And no sand. Sand?
    Maybe I got a bad batch...but it sure looked like sand to me. I have used henna for years, so I know how to rinse/mermaid soak the henna out of my hair. I rinsed and rinsed until the water ran clear, wrapped a towel on my head, and when I pulled the towel off, there were "sandy" particles in my hair.