Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair getting shorter?

Length
    22/MB/Hip

Default Hair getting shorter?

Hello!

This may sound weird but... does anyone ever feel like there hair is getting SHORTER? I know but hair is not getting shorter, because i measure it! Is it just me getting used to a certain length?

Shona

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Hair getting shorter?

It's probably not getting shorter, unless you're loosing your hair... Then I guess it would. It would take awhile though. Or if you had a major deficiency...
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I can't say that I have. I do have days where I feel like my hair has not grown in months, but thankfully pictures allow me to see for myself that indeed, my hair is growing.

Oftentimes I think that perhaps our desires for longer hair may get so "stuck" in our brain that when we focus on what we really have versus what we want or hope to have can lead to an impression of length getting shorter, not longer. The mind can do some darn funny things!
    BALDPIXIECHINSHOULDERAPLBSLWAISTHLTL
    Henna enhanced auburn-haired girl

Length
    11.5/20/30+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm in the same boat. I'm in that kind of wasteland between shoulder and APL and I'm just not noticing a whole lot of growth, but I'm measuring and am getting about .5 inches of growth a month. I think it's just because my bangs have gotten to the point where they're actually in my updos now and that makes my hair a lot thicker and harder to put in buns and such.

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Yup been there lots! sometimes it feels long and then all of a sudden feels really short? don't know why it's weird but I feel your pain. Just hang in there and it will feel long again especially if you take some photos and compare.
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My hair has felt like that ever since I got it trimmed a week or two ago.
    It was only an inch and I needed it badly, but I still feel it. I'm sure I'll mentally adjust to the new length sooner or later.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I know that my hair got shorter at least once in the past. I had been putting a belt around my waist to look for waist length, and for awhile I was there, and then all of a sudden, without getting a trim or anything, I wasn't. I can only guess that all my longest hairs shed out. It was o.k., though. The next longest hairs soon caught up to and surpassed waist length. Whew!

Length
    22/MB/Hip

hahah, glad to know i'm not (too) crazy! I do feel i'm just at a total stall though! I just just about 2/3cm's above bsl on me. I've only been properly growing out since August, which doesnt sound long but i have spent my whole teenage years dreaming for long hair and wondering why it never happend even without hair cuts. So glad i found LHC! Thank you eveyone for your tips and comments :-)

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I feel like my hair is the same length or shorter than it was when I cut it in June. It just doesn't look any longer but the tapemeasure says it is (maybe not as much longer as it should be...).

Certain parts of the body just seem to suck out the length. For me, it's the journey in between waist and hip.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    14/25/36
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

I have witnessed it happening before on people whose hair breaks off faster than it grows. this is usually because they have not done a "health trim" in a long time.

xoxo
    gothchiq