Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: No Trims in 2012 Challenge!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: No Trims in 2012 Challenge!

Still going strong 9 months and counting for me, my ends stick look pretty good considering but every now and then i do think it would be nice to have some fresh ends...
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    14/36/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm in! Did an S&D in January just to even things out a little bit but I will try and avoid that during the rest of the year. I haven't seen a split end for ages (woohoo might be doing something right!), but when I get splits they're always the "l-kind" and not Y-ing suckers so they're a bit hard to spot..

Anyhow, I'm at shoulder now, except for the part of my head that was shaven last year, I'm at chin-length there so I'm sporting an asymmetrical do at the moment, but it looks kinda cool still, I dread the day I have to even it out and loose the length at my good side - but that will be a matter for 2013!

My number one hair-problem right now is that the normal "folded ponytail" I do is getting too long so I have to use bobby-pins to fold the end around the elastic. Can't do braids right now or any other updo either, and I don't want to keep it down too much due to damage and the fact that I oil my ends so it can look greasy when down. Don't wanna gross out my co-workers..

Anyhow! Yay! Challenge, bye bye scissors 2012

Length
    10.5/23.3/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I literally lost my scissors for a while, and found them again when my first split end since december '11 so I gave myself a little microtrim. I don't count that as my 'rule' for no trims.
    Lady Finnula of the Celtic Cross in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Shaved-BSL-Sldr- BSL-Blunt Bob-BSL(23.5) - Goal 1: MidBack - Goal 2: Waist- Goal 3: Classic - Goal 4:Who Knows?!

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Can I be here? I only S&D when I actually see a split, which has this year, been zilch.
    I don't want to trim until January 2013
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I thought this would be a good motivational idea - comparing a photo from when you stopped trimming with now. I haven't trimmed since the start of November 2010. Unfortunately I don't have a length photo from then (it was around upper back length) but I do have one from when I first started taking monthly growth photos. The white marks are on my mirror, not on me

And this was taken yesterday (it needs a wash, please ignore the greasies!), so that's 10 months of uninterrupted growth. Just think how much more I'll have by the end of the year

Try this yourself!
    Last edited by Becky9679; March 20th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Regrowing naturally!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Great idea Becky your hair has grown loads i will join in to my last cut was in June 2011

Where i started.

June 2011

March 2012

By wavyone at 2012-03-16

I think my hair has grown quite a bit and at least i can tuck my ends into updo's now. So i'm on my 9th month of no trimming and so far my hair doesn't look any worse for it.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    SL/TB/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I last recall a hair cut sometime in 2010, when I cut back to should length but I haven't cut or trimmed since then. I don't actually have any urge to cut or trim so i imagine the challenge will be easy enough for me. I can't believe how quickly the year is passing.

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Ooh, I will try that as soon as I get my camera back! Mine is a side shot since it was a short bob, so I'll do another side shot.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm in! Haven't trimmed since Sept 2011 and that was my big chop!

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Well, I almost got thru March... I ended up trimming about an inch and a half off my hair. It was just getting to raggedy on the ends (this coming from Miss I want fairytale ends) so I used Fia's self trim method for a "moderate" v shape. Mine came out pretty slight and still looks more like a U but I started out with pretty uneven hair. My hair isn't all the same length even so but it's much more managable and I'm not struggling with my tangle teezer anymore. The last few months have very much been benign neglect. I've been dealing with lots of health problems and dropping out of school and such so my hair has certainly not been my top priority. I don't really have any plans to trim again this year so we shall see how this pans out. Good luck everyone who has made it this far without a trim!