Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: No Trims in 2012 Challenge!

Length
    16"/30"/33"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: No Trims in 2012 Challenge!

I'm still in, but feeling the urge to even up some...what to do?

Count me in . I very rarely cut my hair (except when the madness comes over me ), so it pretty much goes without saying that I won't be doing anything to it for the rest of the year.

My last trim was Dec 2010. My ends are fairly thick and in pretty good shape, but I still have some old layers I'd like to get rid of eventually. I think I might go for hip or tailbone length before I maintain for a while to get rid of them.

Working my way back to 2007 hair

Length
    12/20/30hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

This sounds like something I can do. Every time I cut, I regret it. I haven't been near a pair of shears since Nov. 2011, and thanks to all the advise on oiling, my ends seem to be doing really well. So count me in too!
    Growing... to see how far I can go!
    Lady Arinna of the Sunlit Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    20"/23"/36"
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Well after a big chop in March to get rid of old dye and another trim to even it up last month, I'm pretty cool with not cutting anything for a very long time. I think I'll join you all for at least the next 6 months, possibly longer.

Length
    14"/24"/36"

I hear ya, my last trim was on Dec 31, 2011 and my ends seem to be doing fine, but I am just getting an urge to trim, out of habit. I keep myself from doing it by just wearing buns and braids.

Buns and braids.

Length
    31"/36"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I had about an inch off on 4th January. Going to continue to S&D every so often, but will not be having a proper trim until next year!

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by letibear View Post
    I hear ya, my last trim was on Dec 31, 2011 and my ends seem to be doing fine, but I am just getting an urge to trim, out of habit. I keep myself from doing it by just wearing buns and braids.

Buns and braids.
    Same! I just keep wearing my hair up for the most part either in a bun or a low ponytail and then I don't really notice it or mess with it. I did have the urge to cut a few days ago to get rid of all of the faded dye in my length but I think it was sometime around November when I cut about 3" to make progress in getting rid of it.

I also think my ends are dong just fine but I really need to force myself to actually sit down and do a little S&D. I haven't done any yet and that would definitely help if I want to still have hair that doesn't tangle by the end of the year.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm still here without a trim. I anticipate being tempted more by trims as my shorter layers get to shoulder length. Right now, if I were to get everything evened up, I would probably have trouble getting it all into a ponytail. I can't give up my ponytail!

Surprisingly, my mom actually complimented me when I wore my hair down. I thought it was probably a horrible mess of neck layers in the back, but I know she would have said so if that was the case.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    shave/36TBL/Floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Sometimes I get so tempted to do a self trim to blunten the ends a little, then I remember THIS challenge and it has saved my butt (or should I say my hair) sooo many times. Then when it is washed and combed, I realise that the ends are still pretty even and thick and I thank LHC for keeping me on track. S&d and oiling the ends regularly has helped so much to lessen the End damage.

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Glad to know I'm not the only one having the urge. I did some search and destroy this weekend and it wasn't bad, not too many splits. Still feel that need though ti trim a bit.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**