Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ends -___-

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default ends -___-

So my ends have been acting wierd lately, I have done an acv and DT, putting my hair up more but I do not understand why they are so dry! Plus I have one strand knots and it's killing me. I want to trim my hair on my own but I do not know how. I am not approving of cutting but I am annoyed by my hair now. Help?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: ends -___-

Do your products contain lots of proteins? Maybe they are causing dry ends? Clarify, then follow with a very moisturizing DT, see if this helps. I do not know how to help with the one strand knots, maybe a 1/2 inch trim is in order?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I do not really use protien although I did out the suave coconut conditioner as a leavein like a week ago? But I did this like 2 days aho, the washing w/ my shampoo bar [hennasooq, the honey one] then garnier fructis, then acv, and did a DT.
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

maybe try a clarifying shampoo or shampoo bar? honey is a humectant and if it is cold where you are, it might be pulling moisture out of your hair. Do you have a moisturizing leave in that isn't the suave coconut, try that? Maybe the ACV rinse dried your hair out a bit, it can for some people.

Length
    16/APL/idk?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

sounds like you need a trim Soon I will make a video and put it on you tube to show anyone inerested how to trim their own hair. If your ends are feeling dry and stiff, even if there are no splits, a trim will help! Place a little oil on your ends and keep it in a bun. Your hair may be upset by the winter air?

Length
    16/APL/idk?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    maybe try a clarifying shampoo or shampoo bar? honey is a humectant and if it is cold where you are, it might be pulling moisture out of your hair. Do you have a moisturizing leave in that isn't the suave coconut, try that? Maybe the ACV rinse dried your hair out a bit, it can for some people.
    ya, acv can make your hair feel 'stiff' if you use too much, or wash your hair too often,followed by the rinse of course. you should only use 1 tbls in 1 cup water, which you may need to double or triple for your long thick hair! But it sounds like you tried acv as a way to remedy the ends problem, right? With your curly hair, have you ever tried shea butter? Like, put some raw shea butter on your ends and then put it up in a bun to protect it. That's my best advice chagrin valley has whipped shea butter, and they ship realy fast.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by planetqueenie View Post
    ya, acv can make your hair feel 'stiff' if you use too much, or wash your hair too often,followed by the rinse of course. you should only use 1 tbls in 1 cup water, which you may need to double or triple for your long thick hair! But it sounds like you tried acv as a way to remedy the ends problem, right? With your curly hair, have you ever tried shea butter? Like, put some raw shea butter on your ends and then put it up in a bun to protect it. That's my best advice chagrin valley has whipped shea butter, and they ship realy fast.

Good point, thicker hair does need more ACV to see any results, i often use triple the recomended amount for my hair without any problems, so the ACV may not be the problem.The shea butter suggestion sounds heavenly, i may have to try it also, best of hair luck!

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

The knot I'd use a spray in detangler and I'd soak your ends in oil.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Thank you so much and I have my own whipped shea butter w/ grapeseed oil but I always forget to put it in my hair. Hmm, I haven't had a trim in almost 11 months, no do I s&d. If you can do a video it'd be really appreciated.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'd suggest clarifying before you consider cutting it, unless you feel you have lots of damage and/or need a trim to even the ends. Make sure it's not simply a problem of buildup.

I do tend to have problems with protein (especially that Suave coconut conditioner!) making my ends stiff and rough, but my hair's a bit extreme in its dislike of protein. I've also observed that I get many more one-stranded knots if I use silicones. I don't know if you're interested in altering your silicone use, but do consider it as one potential culprit. Curly hair is definitely another culprit with that problem, though.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!