Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many shades can honey lighten hair?

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default How many shades can honey lighten hair?

I've committed to growing out my natural hair colour, and am thinking ahead about how to enhance it in the future, when there is enough regrowth. I really like the idea of honey lightening, because my hair is a warm shade of light brown, and I feel it will respond well to it.

I'd be curious to know how much honey lightening can lighten your hair

If someone could share their experiences lightening their hair with honey, and how much lighter it has made their hair, I would love it I'd be particularly interested in those who have used this method on light brown hair. If anyone can provide pictures (of before and after, or of how light you think light brown hair can become with repeated honey lightening) that would be lovely

Would you think that I can get my hair to be some shade of blonde? I'd love to have more natural highlights and a lovely ombre look when my hair grows out more.

Thank you all in advance!

Length
    18/29.2/35
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: How many shades can honey lighten hair?

Although I do not have any before or after pictures to show you (I really have to work on doing that when I try new hair treatments...) I can say that honey brought out more of my "natural" highlights. I would consider myself a dark ash blonde. The color change was very subtle, my boyfriend did notice the change (he really liked the smell of my hair afterwards), but my mother did not. I do plan on honey lightening every so often, however, just because I really do like how it brings out my natural highlights.

I would definitely recommend giving it a try. I am not 100% that you would be able to become a blonde, but it would give you more natural highlights. :-)

Length
    Short/Clssc/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

There is a long honey thread that includes experiences, recipes, and some pictures here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148.

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Lady Alassiel of Water and Wisdom in The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thanks for the reply beckishness! I remember my natural hair having natural caramel highlights, so hopefully honey will bring it out when my natural hair gets longer.

I've checked the honey thread before, but it's soooo long and I really don't have the time/patience to read through it. Thank you for posting the link though, maybe one day I'll have time to read it

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I did a bunch of honey treatments. 10 maybe. I followed the directions carefully with the right amount of distilled water. And I would say that my results on light auburn hair are not noticeable. I took before and after photos, but the results are so slight that lighting in the photos makes much more of a difference than the treatments, even though I took the photos at the same location and at about the same time of day. Either honey doesn't do much, or I'm using the wrong honey.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by blondie9912 View Post
    Thanks for the reply beckishness! I remember my natural hair having natural caramel highlights, so hopefully honey will bring it out when my natural hair gets longer.

I've checked the honey thread before, but it's soooo long and I really don't have the time/patience to read through it. Thank you for posting the link though, maybe one day I'll have time to read it
    Most of the reports and all of the information needed is in the first post of the thread, with links. You just need to read the first post and not necessarily every link, to be set to try honey lightening.

How light can you go with it? There are people have had enough success with it to be very very pleased. If you try it.

Good luck!

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any more advice or photos

By the sounds of your description, my natural hair colour is almost exactly the same as yours. Light-mid brown with natural golden highlights. My hair responded really well to honey (as in there is a difference every time i do it.) I've used honey about 12 times now, and my hair is noticeably lighter. On its own, the honey brought out my golden highlights a lot, but because I'm aiming for a more dark blonde/light brown colour with ash undertones, i've been using a purple shampoo and conditioner to combat this, so right now my hair is a weird hybrid of colours, but slowly making progress towards my ideal colour.

Length
    3 "/30.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I find it a little odd that you describe that you are committed to growing out your natural colour at the same time that you are talking about lightening it. Just because you are using honey to lighten it does not mean it is your natural colour. There is absolutely nothing wrong with lightening your hair, but I think you are using the wrong terminology!

Best of luck.

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMusic View Post
    I find it a little odd that you describe that you are committed to growing out your natural colour at the same time that you are talking about lightening it. Just because you are using honey to lighten it does not mean it is your natural colour. There is absolutely nothing wrong with lightening your hair, but I think you are using the wrong terminology!

Best of luck.
    When i get highlights at summer from the sun, is it still my own colour ? I think what blondie trying to say, that she just wants to get her highlits that allready there to shine out, nothing wrong in that i think.

I am realy interested in trying honey treetment for same reason, I love the way my hair responds to summer sun , so if i get same effect with honey - i would be in heaven ^^