Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestions on growing out dark roots from bleached blonde?(picture heavy)

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Suggestions on growing out dark roots from bleached blonde?(picture heavy)

I love your natural colour on you! I'd go back to that colour if you want to grow - blonde is very pretty on you, but it's so, so hard on hair, and it'll make it difficult to get the length you want.

I'd take the time to find a superstar colorist to take you back to your natural colour, then really pay attention to your haircare. LHC methods really work! Maybe use clip in extensions to get those cute bright streaks in the bottom layers of your hair? You can get them cut to match your length.

Good luck!!

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Suggestions on growing out dark roots from bleached blonde?(picture heavy)

I really like the first photo with the purple tips. Really pretty. But then I usually prefer darker colors so it's just personal opinion.

Have you considered a temporary brown instead of permanent? It won't truly be temporary on bleached blonde, but at least it will fade if you decide that you'd rather go back to blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetChica View Post
    I think if you could find a stylist that is well versed in ombre, that would be a great transition and so pretty on you! Like this
    Oh, this would be really stunning.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I think you have the skin tone to carry any colour off! i wouldn't recommend henna or hendigo even though they would help with damage repair, you seem to like to swap and change colours around, which is fun, your young why not experiment!

I loved the blonde and the purple best, you are very pretty too btw if you wanna keep with the blonde id take justgreen's advise, her hair is a prime example of how highlighted hair can grow to excellent lengths and still be in tip top condition.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    1/35/40

I like the blonde!
    Jim

Type
    1b/F/ii

I agree you should either go with henna/indigo, or a semi-permanent plant based dye to help with the growing out process. The plant based dye will need to be redone on a frequent basis but it won't cause any additional damage and it will wash out if you should change your mind. The henna/indigo route will strengthen your hair and help with the damage but will be very, very permanent and commercial dyes notoriously react badly with it so you would not be able to dye over it.
    ~Lady Menrva of the Cat-Kept Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    Chin
    ~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBA~Waist~Tailbone~Classic

Type
    1c/F/iii

Why not just leave it alone and grow out two toned hair? I think that would look cool. Trust me, if you color over the blonde, you will have to cut it off. If you keep bleaching, you'll never get the length you want. I had bleached hair like yours, so I know first hand. My vote is to just grow it as is.
    -Holomi

February 2012

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd get a professional to put some low-lights in it that match your natural colour, if you want to give your hair a break without too much of a change - it can be a shock to go straight from blonde to dark.

Either that or JustGreen's excellent suggestion, which is also easier on the hair than bleaching the entire root area.

You can pull off any colour, you are so lucky.

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I think you look good in all the colors, but the blonde is actually my least favorite. As to what you should do to grow out you've been given a lot of good options. It just depends on what color you decide you want to go forward with. If you want to continue the blonde I would listen to Justgreen. She is a perfect example that you can get beautiful blonde and still grow long hair. It won't be the healthiest though, so it depends on what is more important to you. I think the ombre is gorgeous and a good medium. If you can accept how gorgeous your natural color is on you then get a colorist to match your roots.

I think you just need to look over some of your pictures and decide what color makes you happiest and that you can maintain while keeping healthy. Then go to a stylist and make it happen.

Honestly I think if you want to grow it as long as that red wig the ombre would be your best bet. It will give you time to still enjoy your blonde which you really seem to want to keep. You could slowly cut it off and get back to your natural color. It seems like it'd be a happy medium to your happiness and your hair health.

Whatever you decide make sure you post pictures so we can see.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Get lowlights in your natural shade (non permanent color so it will fade out and not be as damaging) or have your stylist use a non permanent color and match your blonde hair with your roots. Using non permanent color will be healthier for your hair than using permanent color. I strongly suggest not doing it yourself because the blonde may be damaged enough that it could be very porous and make your haircolor go too dark by absorbing too much color.
    Good luck!