View Poll Results: Do you have a hard time picturing waist?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, I have been there so it shouldn't be a problem

43 20.19%
  • Sometimes, but often enough I know I will get there

45 21.13%
  • Somedays I feel like only in a dream it will grow that long

97 45.54%
  • I don't stress cause I use cheese

28 13.15%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a hard time picturing getting to waist and beyond?

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Do you ahve a hard time picturing getting to waist and beyond?

Well I PICTURE it all the time, but the sensible part of my personality keeps hissing 'it'll never get past BSL!'. I never had it longer than BSL before. But I got to BSL this time around in what feels like no time at all, so maybe I can get to waist. As for hips...that's just a far off fantasy!

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nappywomyn View Post
    Yes!!! I can - imagine myself with hair that long - I can see it, and feel it's weight, and (I've got a good imagination) drool over my future hair toy collection.
    But sometimes (and I try to nip it in the bud as much as I can) I doubt that those visions will ever be REALITY.

Then I remind myself that I've come a LONG way it two years, and I'm 'giving' myself 11 years to reach my goal (from bald) and - danngone it, I can DO IT!!!!!
    wow I can't imagine growing from bald and the patience it takes. yes you shall get to your goal
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladystar View Post
    I am not that far from waist but it seems like its stuck in the same spot for a couple of months now. It feels like I will never get to waist. I can be impatient and it drives me crazy sometimes. That's why I started picking it so I can see growth in a couple of month and hopefully be at waist finally!!!

I'd cut my toe off for your length, ok not really but i wish I was at your length. My last stall was 7 months long and stuck at slightly past APL and then overnight it seems I jumped to BSL.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lora410 View Post
    wow I can't imagine growing from bald and the patience it takes. yes you shall get to your goal
    I 'call' it bald, because I had the bright idea to first BLEACH and then (oh, under two hours later) DYE my very fine, curly hair, bright red. *sigh*
    I ended up cutting all of the colored hair off within a year, so while I wasn't bareheaded, I really did start with nothing, as none of the colored hair counts, now.

And I"m SO impatient, too! *sigh* It's a good learning experience for me, that's for danggone sure!

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

This is an interesting post to me as it touches upon a problem I've been having: namely, convincing myself that I can have what I want, though I can see only the barest outlines of the final result.

It's not that I can't envision myself with waist length, or tailbone, or even classic hair; it's just that I can't envision the details, because I'm so nervous about attaining what I want: having those lengths be healthy, with a thick, blunt hemline, and either relatively straighter (my waves pulled down by the length) or curlier (more ringlet-y) than what I have now. I'm going to have to make some tricky decisions as I grow (layers? strict no-cones regimen? encourage wave or not?) and that makes it difficult to envision me being happy with my final result.

To make an analogy, it's kind of like asking yourself if you can see yourself (graduating from school? getting married? owning a business? buying a house?) in the future. Of course you can see yourself doing those things, in a general sort of way. It's just that the prospect of the decisions that must be made along the way starts overshadowing that image of final contentment. At least, that's what it's like in my thought process.
    Last edited by Tangles; July 8th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Im one of those lucky ones who has to grow about 6" more hair to hit landmarks than most because of my height. My hair grows pretty fast- I was about 1" from brushing BSL when LHC came back up and now Im a good 2" below BSL even though I trimmed about 1/2" off in there somewhere, but Im still like 6" away from waist. It seems like BSL and waist are only a few inches apart for most.

So, yeah, it seems like I will never get there, but I have had hip length locks before so hopefully I can be patient enough to do it again

Length
    10"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

what an excellent poll, thank you!

I thought recently that my hair was not growing and shoulder length takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I am now approaching bsl and for the first time i feel like my hair has grown and i can see my goals, i just worry about shedding, fairytales, growth rest etc.
    "A Kind Answer Turns Away Anger" NKJ Version
    Previous Journal at the LHC Archives

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I can totally see the waist length hair. It's not that far off in the future, I don't think. Probably just about 6 months. I can remember how it feels, how it looks. I have to just be patient a little while longer!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    Im one of those lucky ones who has to grow about 6" more hair to hit landmarks than most because of my height. My hair grows pretty fast- I was about 1" from brushing BSL when LHC came back up and now Im a good 2" below BSL even though I trimmed about 1/2" off in there somewhere, but Im still like 6" away from waist. It seems like BSL and waist are only a few inches apart for most.

So, yeah, it seems like I will never get there, but I have had hip length locks before so hopefully I can be patient enough to do it again
    I'm the opposite. I think I have the weirdest, shortest torso and tallest hipbones in the universe. I was just at BSL and now I'm like 2" from can I call this waist. My bra is like 4" above my hip bones, lol.

But I will probably have to stand behind you at the rock concert, so there's that.

I answered "Nope, I have been there so it shouldn't be a problem"
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16ASL/26BSL/36WST
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Yup.Ive been at a stand still for about 3 months now, had an inch trim and I'm happy I did it, but I do wonder if my hair will ever start growing again or if this is as long as its going to get, especially since Ive been on a medication and I stopped growing around the same time I started taking it.I might have to be on it for along time, possibly forever.Positively though I know I'm doing alot less damage to my hair so I hope that helps my hair to grow and not break off as fast.I think I might start growing again, because my shed has decreased recently, and it seems like I grow length faster when I'm not shedding as much.I will be ecstatic when I reach the bottom of my bra strap, yes maybe in my dreams.