Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accessory aide request

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Accessory aide request

Loads of hair holding product to all of hair. Low braided nape bun. Wrapped in hairnet (invisible).Secured w hair scroos, thru the hairnet.
    Do that the night before. Then wrap your noggin in a DooRag to sleep on.
    A.M.: Unwrap DooRag, slap on the cap and go.
    Just theory. Um. Practice alot before you go?
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Depending on the branch of service will determine how the hair can be maintained. I speak from 10 years of Navy experience.

Uniform regulations state hair must not be more than 1 in below the collar.

It can be arranged into a symetrical style using appropriate hair colored elastics, no more than one large barrette type hair clip and as many bobby pins as necessary to maintain the style. The bun cannot exceed more than 4 inches in diameter and cannot be more than 2 inches in bulk as measured from the scalp.

You must be able to wear your cover (hat) square on your head with no bangs across the forehead.

Regulations are super strict and vary based upon hairstyles. There are regulations for cornrows, braids, hair color, sideburns, mustaches, etc.

But, be forewarned: Even though I was allowed to wear my hair up in a bun/braid following the above guidelines, it was still wacked it off at my ears in bootcamp. It wasn't until AFTER basic training that you are allowed to grow your hair out.

If you have to attend bootcamp or a similar indoctrination find out beforehand if they will cut your hair. If necessary you may find it easier to get your hair professionally cut before you go. At least then your hemline will be straight!

P.S. No snoods, hairnets, headbands, scroos, sticks, or other fun hair toys allowed. Just rubber bands and plain old bobbypins.

I'm so glad I'm a civilian now, lol

See what happens when I post without reading all the way through, lol?

I don't believe the Air Force makes you cut your hair for basic training. French braids will be your best friend. We used to have braiding parties when our hair got longer, so I'm sure there will be someone who can help you. Double braids would be even better as it both reduces bulk and allows for better hair control.

Definitely braid it at night as the drill instructors like to come in the middle of the night and scare the bejesus out of people.

And yes, you will get super super fast at bunning. I could do one in about 6 seconds with only a ponytail holder and have it last for hours. It wasn't pretty, but it was functional