Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Unhappy Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

I just ended a very abusive relationship that lasted for about a year and a half. It doesn't sound like that long, but it was way too long for my sanity. My ex has been harassing me lately,even after the breakup...I have been going completely insane and doing alot of stupid and unspeakable things. So the other day when I was at a salon watching my sister get her haircut, I decided to cut off my waistlength hair. The shortest part is right above where my shoulders start and the longest part is about an inch past my collar bone.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!

The only good I can think of is the fact that the last 6 inches or so of my hair was damaged(but no too badly damaged) from bleaching it a few years ago. *sigh*

I make such bad decisions.

The main thought that was running through my head was, "My ex never wanted me to have short hair. So I'm going to do it."

Now I really wish I hadn't. I can't do ANYTHING with it, besides pull it into a very stubby pathetic pony tail.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

We all make mistakes, first off, dont be too hard on yourself, and realize that you can care for your hair and be happy as it grows back.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm sorry you are going through this. I can understand it, though. I went through a very rough patch last year and got a super-short pixie, and am just back to roughly where you are now.

Here are some things that I can manage with my length - mainly twists (french twist, twisted pony), sock buns, and the good old pony-tail. If your hair is all the same length, you should be able to manage a bit of a french braid or something, also.

What is done is done, even though I am sure you will be regretting it for a while. Take care!
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I am sorry that you were so stressed that you cut your hair.

On the bright side the damaged hair has been cut off and it will grow back before you know it and probably in better condition.

Also maybe you needed to do this and just get it and get him out of your system, even though you regret it now it might have provided some catharsis.

I hope everything gets better for you, I really do.

sorry this happened.

Length
    20 ?/clasi/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i

<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>

Length
    24"/32"/?""
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

We all have done things drastic in times of hardships..I have always done the same, gone and cut my hair..sometimes change feels good..in this situation, you cut your hair after being in an abusive relationship, I am happy that you have got out..good for you..I understand how scary it can be..we lost my sister to an abusive boyfriend...it was the most earth shattering experience I have ever felt in my life..
    Do not be too hard on yourself..your hair will grow..

Length
    20/35/50
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

1st , I *love* the color of your hair! Gorgeous stuff! And all the new stuff will grow back in good condition! Yay!
    2nd, you absolutely have the right to declare your independence from an abusive ex
    3rd, this is potentially a very dangerous time for you. Please, please, please keep your wits around you and be aware of your surroundings. One of the most dangerous times for a woman in an abusive relationship is when she tries to end it.
    4th, you might consider a self defense class and a counselor - it worked for me.
    We don't always hang out on the computer and talk about our hair...

...sometimes we live our lives.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by EvaSimone View Post
    I am sorry that you were so stressed that you cut your hair.

On the bright side the damaged hair has been cut off and it will grow back before you know it and probably in better condition.

Also maybe you needed to do this and just get it and get him out of your system, even though you regret it now it might have provided some catharsis.

I hope everything gets better for you, I really do.
    For some reason I always thought EvilPigeon's ex was a girl...?
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Oh, you poor dear. Don't be too hard on yourself. These things happen. Sometimes we lose sight of what's important to us, and sometimes we make a mistake. Think of this as a new beginning to try something fresh, and to enjoy your healthier hair.

I've never noticed it myself, but I've heard that after it's been cut, hair sometimes races back to where it was prior. I think spidermom has some experience with this. Your hair might be back before you know it.

Anyway, just take a minute to sit up straight, close your eyes, and breathe deeply. As my grandmother tells me when things get tough, this too will pass.
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen