Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

I think your hair rocks--At any length!!

I think we've all been there and done that with making emotional decisions...Count me in, too! Next time, you feel like you might do something drastic that you might later regret...

1. Invoke the 2 week rule.
    2. Post and ask for support.

Happy hair day wishes from me to you!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    As everyone else has said, the important thing was to free yourself from this man.

Sorry about hair - I've chopped all mine a few times because of emotional distress too.

On the positive side: apparently (someone may correct me here) there is a Chinese superstition that hair holds energy and cutting off the hair grown during this time may rid you of the bad energy/emotions. Hope so
    It's not just Chinese superstition. It is a thought in many spiritual cultures. I myself did purposely cut off every bit of hair that had been on my head during a really difficult and traumatic time in my life. It wasn't emotional cutting at all. I waited until my new growth was long enough, and then I had every inch of that "bad" hair removed (cut off) for spiritual reasons.

I was left with a lip-length bob, but it grew back quickly and easily, and I never, ever regretted that.

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Native Americans would cut their hair in times of mourning a loved one's death. I've shaved my head during a stressful time in my life. I was under a lot of stress and kept coloring my hair...once a week. Sometimes more. My hair was yucky. I felt so liberated after I shaved it!

I know you are mourning your waist length hair, and it feels really short to you now, but imagine having hair as short as me, then your length...yeah, your hair is a ton longer than mine!! I wish my hair was as long as yours!!

I don't know about you, but when I'm having a rough time, I LOVE chocolate!! It's a scientific fact it makes your brain produce endorphins! Same with exercise...although, I prefer the chocolate...it's a lot more fun. And if you like coffee, those mocha frappachinos from Starbucks are a double whammy of warm fuzzies in a cup!
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    25,1/41/50
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

You have lovely hair, I also had a terrible relationship and it was a struggle getting away from him, after that ended I cut bangs (still growing out), I know it's not the same as your cut, but I understand what you are going through and wish you all the best and that you get through this as soon as possible and hey don't worry so much about the hair, it will grow back and be even more beautiful
    To live is to love the pain !

Length
    12/?/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Having been in an abusive relationship complete with stalking...

I'm deeply saddened to hear about your situation and the loss of your tresses.

That's common in controlling relationships - they want you to have long hair and you perhaps cut it off to regain some control and assert yourself.

Please take care of yourself and realize that you (hair included) are not at fault. I hope you are able to find the strength and support to get this person out of your life once and for all. You are not alone.

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

You have very nicely colored hair, and i just hope he never bothers you again.

At least its comforting to know that hair grows back, and now with your being careful, in good condition.

Besides it'll be growing before you know it

From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    28/32/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

You did what you had to do to move out of the relationship. Now, you can start a new and grow your hair to the floor if you want to.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WaimeaWahine View Post
    Please take care of yourself and realize that you (hair included) are not at fault. I hope you are able to find the strength and support to get this person out of your life once and for all. You are not alone.
    I so agree with this.

You feel bad now, but at the same time, how uplifting must it be to grow your hair right back, from scratch, your life, your terms now. You go girl!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I agree with everyone posting before me. you did what you thought was best at the time. Hair does grow back. ( I know it's cliche, but an important fact to remember ). After a particularly bad relationship, I bleached my hair at home and ended up with pylon-orange results. Not an attractive look, I can tell you. I'm sending all my best vibes your way and like others said before, at least now it can grow in healthier with the damage cut off. Remember - you're a rockstar.

Lots of hugs.

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

The important thing is that you got out of the relationship. Congratulations on that!
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii