Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

In the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
    Length
    <1"/waist/btsme
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

I also cut my hair when I broke it off with the ex due to him saying I wasn't "allowed". It was very liberating. I'm sorry you regret it, but I hope you can eventually embrace it since it marks a significant milestone in your life. What you did is proof that you have control over you and he doesn't anymore. Best wishes to you in your newfound freedom. *hug*

Type
    1b/M/ii

My hair is your length right now, and I can do tons with it! Here are some ideas:

-High ponytail (use a bobby pin to catch hairs if need be)
    -Two french braids/Two American braids
    -One french braid (sometimes I need to use a couple bobby pins to catch stray hairs)
    -High bun/low bun
    -Low pony that's off-center so you can have the pony sweep over your shoulder
    -Half ups are my favorite!

I love buying pretty ponytail scarves (look at the Coach website to get an idea if you haven't seen these before) and putting my hair in a casual pony or bun and wrap the scarf like a wide headband. It's really chic and ties together an outfit.

Best of luck to you!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I am sorry you are feeling sad but your hair will grow. I am more concerned with how you are feeling though. How are you?

well done forgetting rid of an abusive man, just concentrate on you for now, your hair will grow without you even realizing it, don't be hard on yourself. I am so proud that you had the guts to get out, many a woman double your age finds it difficult to do. {{{hugs}}} and pm me if you need a shoulder to cry on. xxx
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Think of your hair cut as "getting rid of baggage". Your life is anew and fresh, so is your hair..... the new length will not bring back the memories perhaps of what went on while it was growing
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I did the same thing when I was your age. I cut off my tail bone hair to my shoulders because I broke up with a BF and he didn't want me to cut it. I also I also added highlights and damaged my hair. Look on the bright side at least you didn't damage it!!! I wish you well and I am glad you are out of an abusive relationship, I know the feeling. Time will heal your heart, and your hair will grow back with full force cause you cut off all the damaged hair. Hope you feel better!!!
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Im sad that you are in this situattion but im glad you went off that relashionship. As you said, one year and a half can be very long time..and i would say it is "Normal" to do something crazy that can wake us up and say "this is real" i am here...i am ok...im going on. Your hair will grow again, the damage is gone ! Keep up with your beautiful hair and colour and just keep up with good friends in your life..
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I once cut my hair for a slightly similar reason too, I even kept it short for a while. But in the end it taught me not to make a drastic decision like that again.

((Hugs)) Emi

EvilPigeon -
    How are you doing? I hope you're taking care of yourself... stop in and let us know you're o.k.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Sweet girl,

You are so very young. I'm glad that you got away from this terrible man/boy. You know this had to happen. What concerns me more are a couple of un-hair-related comments you make:

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPigeon View Post
    ...I have been going completely insane and doing alot of stupid and unspeakable things.

...I make such bad decisions.
    Now, you don't say what these "stupid and unspeakable things" and "bad decisions" are, but please be very careful right now. You have been hurt and are feeling somewhat out of control. Don't make life-changing decisions right now, (except those that are necessary for your protection from this fellow.) If you have parents or an aunt or pastor or teacher or some other trusted adult you can count on, consider having a long talk with them about what has happened and about how you feel and are acting right now.

Be gentle with yourself, and try not to do any more impulsive things. Your sad, hurt and vulnerable feelings are all normal, and will, in time, lessen and likely go away. Don't let these emotions frighten you. They will pass. Honestly.

Try to eat well, exercise and get plenty of sleep. These often fall to the side when we are overwhelmed by a bad situation. You need to take very good care of your body and mind right now.

I too am sorry about your hair, but that will repair itself. Other bad decisions may not be so easily repaired.

Now go have a hot fudge sundae or some other treat that you love! Show yourself that YOU care about how you feel, and that YOU plan to move on into much happier days very soon!

ps I will be praying for you.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

The hair is not important at all, don't even worry about it, it's going to grow right back, good as new. Until then, just keep doing what you're doing and staying strong. You're in my thoughts and I wish you the best and hope you have family and/or friends nearby to help you through this. Don't worry about the hair, you will move on as a better and stronger woman and your hair will grow with you. Be easier on yourself, you're in the middle of a difficult time and you should be proud of yourself for doing what you're doing.