Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Nervous breakdown...cut off my waist length hair.

I just wanted to offer big hugs to you and tell you I'm thinking of you.

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I've been there and done that too - both the haircut(s) and the abusive relationships in my past. More important than the hair though is that you got that abusive man out of your life!

In a positive spin, your hair can now grow back without the damage on the ends and growing it back healthy can be just one part of starting to really care for and about yourself and nurture yourself the way you deserve. ((((HUGS)))) I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic relationship.
    Lady Daeryane Moone of the Silken Sunshine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G. K. Chesterton

Type
    3a/3b/F/ii/iii

First and most important, you got out of the relationship. As for the hair, think of it not as some bad decision, but rather a symbol of your newly found independence. Allow yourself to feel what surely should be pride, embrace the feeling, remember it . . . as you watch each individual strand crawl its way back down your back.

Just think every time you look at your hair from henceforth, you can remember how strong you are . . . strong for getting out of the relationship, for moving on with your life.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

great advice here. You are done with that creep, and that's what's important. Hopefully, you've learned something from it, too.

Many people chop off their hair to get rid of old energy after a breakup; both my sister and my best friend have done this, and felt liberated and cleansed. Maybe this can be part of your journey towards health and sanity?

I am very sorry to hear you are going through this but hope that you move on with strength and grace.

peace

Katze
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'm sorry that you've gone through this mess. I think there are many of us here who have cut our hair for emotional reasons in the past, including me. Try to look at it as a new start for a new abuse-free life. Please just focus on the fact that you are well and truly out of a bad situation.

Your hair will grow back. It really will. Perhaps you can baby your new growth with your mad LHC skills and it will grow back better than ever.

I wish you well in your new freedom.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

As everyone else has said, the important thing was to free yourself from this man.

Sorry about hair - I've chopped all mine a few times because of emotional distress too.

On the positive side: apparently (someone may correct me here) there is a Chinese superstition that hair holds energy and cutting off the hair grown during this time may rid you of the bad energy/emotions. Hope so

Type
    1b/F/ii

I think that many of us go through extremely stressful times where we deal with expressing things through our hair. About 3 years ago I went through such a stressful time and I ended up cutting my hair several times and eventually shaving it off myself. I cannot express the stress that I was under and in fact I don't think that "looking back" with hindsight I can even remember what exactly I was going through or even thinking at the time. All I remember is that "it was just something that I had to do." Maybe to get through your own stress, this was just something that you "had to do." Maybe you needed an outward expression of your stress- and the cut was a way to do that.

The best news is that hair does grow back relatively fast.
    The Uncut Story <><><> Fragrance Free Options <><><>Aspiring Fairytale Ender

Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Oh! :hugs:

I know how hard it is to get out of an abusive relationship. What is most important is taking care of yourself, and allowing youself to make mistakes and have bad days. Look on the good side- you have had a lot of drastic change lately, which can always be made for the better!! Having a new look might help you to feel like you're in a new phase of life, one without him-or anyone who abuses you for that matter. You are still beautiful.
    very curly hair
    friend me for blog + pics

Length
    11/14/24-33
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I just wanted to say I 'm glad you got out of the abusive relationship(hugs).your hair will grow back so dont be to hard on yourself.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

It's more important you got out of an abusive relationship. Remember hair will grow back!
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP